My wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wish list

Continuous/loadable history files for market replay, so we can test more than one day's data at a time...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 5iver; 05-30-2009, 11:49 AM.

Hi 5iver,

We support historical volume data as well as daily bars providing the data feed provider you connect to supports it.

It is possible to apply text in the right side margin of our charts using the Text drawing object.

You can copy and paste drawing objects between charts as well. Activate the drawing object and right click and select Copy. Right click in the other chart and select Paste.

As per all other suggestions, I have sent them to our Development department to add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

NinjaTrader 7 will will include many upgrades and improvements as well.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We support historical volume data as well as daily bars providing the data feed provider you connect to supports it.
      Yes, but indicators BASED on historical volume don't plot historically. And daily bars are only available as 1440 minute bars, which is FUBAR. Every time I make an adjustment to any indicator, all my historical plots are lost.

It is possible to apply text in the right side margin of our charts using the Text drawing object.
      Yes, but it doesn't stay there as price moves... It can't be anchored there.

You can copy and paste drawing objects between charts as well. Activate the drawing object and right click and select Copy. Right click in the other chart and select Paste.
      Well yes, but any item, (say, a fib object), copied from anywhere on chart A, pastes all the way to the left of chart B and cannot be found/selected after the event, so ALL fib objects have to be deleted to get rid of the pasted one. Objects need to be pastable at current time/price (like at cursor location). FUBAR.

As per all other suggestions, I have sent them to our Development department to add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
      Excellent, thanks.

Don't get me wrong. I love NT. I suggest because I care If I didn't want to see NT be the best, I'd just move on.

Comment

Is there any info on when the beta of version 7 will be out?

Comment

As far as I know, NT7 beta is targeted for release by the end of the year.

I'd be interested to know as well if this has changed.

Comment

Ray had last said the beta of NT7 will be Q1 09 now.

Comment

Hello 5iver,

Daily bars are supported in our software. I suspect you connect to a data feed provider that does not support historical daily data.

The Power Volume indicators do not plot on historical data as you can see at the link below.

For example, the VOL and VOLMA indicators will plot on historical data.

I tested the text drawing object in the right side margin and the object remained in place once the price moved through the object.

Thank you for clarifying the copy and paste suggestion.

As per the release of NinjaTrader 7, its beta version is expected to be released the first quarter of 2009.

Comment

Hi Jason,
                Since Ninza maintains a historical database it should be able to build daily bars from intraday data....as far as i know this is how the most charting packages handle this issue...why Ninza has to always backfill the data from the data vendor?

Comment

Unfortunately historical daily data is not supported on the historical data server. which is used by Zen-Fire and Trading Technologies, since they do not support historical data themselves.

You can see at the following link which connectivity providers support historical daily data.

Please see the link below for more information when NinjaTrader loads historical data.

Comment

Jason,
                    i mean the local historical database on my pc..why not having Ninza build daily bars from that intraday data instead of demanding daily bars from whichever data provider...

Comment

I see, this will be supported in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Use 1440 minute bars, same as daily...

But yes Ninja should be able to construct daily bars. It would also be nice to add/remove presets from the time drop down menu on the chart. I would personally add 1440 and 240 minute bars.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view