No hotkey for "Previous Workspace"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hotkey for "Previous Workspace"?

Currently, users can flip to the "next" available workspace using the hotkey "shift+F3". This is a very important feature when comparing support and resistance levels between related markets of identical timeframes, mainly because one's eyes never have to leave the charts. However, a much-needed additional feature would be a similar hotkey to flip "backwards" to the previous available workspace. Currently, I think that users can only flip workspaces in one direction via hotkeys, which is "forward". Is there no way for users to add new hotkeys? Being able to quickly flip workspaces in a "backward" direction is an important but simple enhancement, since it can be visually disruptive to manually switch workspaces using the menu in "Control Panel", as one's sense of "visual continuity" between the charts will be broken in the process. An even better solution might be a backward and forward arrow menu, possibly located on the "control panel".

Well, I just found a code sample in which a user-defined hotkey is implemented (for chart scaling in Y axis). Not sure how to post the url for this link, but if I am not mistaken, the user was "Rollins" and the code was a mod based on another user's contribution named "PepeIlegal". I think the zip file is named something like "Vertical Scale Mod..."

Just thinking outloud here: I wonder if a user could take advantage of NT's API and/or C# to somehow query the list of open workspaces in the "Control Panel" menu, and then programatically select one of those workspaces based on iterating the list forward or backward. To take a lesson from the brilliant contribution by "Rollins" and "Pepe", the code could be rolled up into an indicator which would allow the user to assign a hotkey and call the required functions.

I personally may not have the skills or time to implement this, so please don't hold your breath waiting for me to post the completed code, but I hope the idea is useful to somebody.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I will make sure development views your suggestion and we will add it to our list of possible future enhancements to the NinjaTrader software.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Michael; 08-16-2008, 05:25 PM.
      MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We need HOTKEYS... HOTKEYS... HoyKeys ... hOT kEYs.... hotkeys

*** I have asked for 2 years for Hot Keys for DOM Entries & Exits....

NT can make Chart Trader and all this elaborate stuff .... why not Hotkeys

Hotkeys user defined for:
        Buy/Sell Entry Market
        Buy/Sell Entry Bid
        Buy/Sell Entry Ask
        Buy/Sell Entry StopLimit Order (user defined ticks from Last price)
        Strategies Entry Orders (strategies assigned to different keys)
        Close All Positions / Flat
        Close all Open Orders Close
        Reverse Position
        Close Last Unfilled Order
        OCO CLose Position
        StopLoss Trailing Stop (Amount of Ticks user defined)
        StopLoss ATM Strategy (added to a previously Entered Position)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elderan