Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Midas Indicator coded by NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midas Indicator coded by NT

Greetings,

In the Septemeber '08 Stocks & Commodities issue, there was an informative article regarding the Midas indicator. In that same issue, NT offered a download of this indicator at (which is fantastic -and thanks for that):
    www.ninjatrader.com/SC/September2008SC.zip.

Midas, so far anyway, seems like a fairly powerful indicator. I was, however, surprised not to see an intraday option to this indicator [due to the October S&C issue discussing intraday Midas usage (part II of the article)].

Is the reason for this due to an impossibility of this indicator supporting intraday capabilities in NT -or was it just not coded? If it's possible, would it also be possible that you guys update the file to incoporate intraday possibilities to Midas? I would be greatful for this, as I feel I've begun to 'understand' the possibilites of this indicator when used with Fibs as a 'target'/'retrace' potential system.

Thanks for reading,

robert
    Last edited by rretch; 04-05-2009, 11:41 AM.

Robert,

I don't recall, but likely was not coded due to bandwidth reasons. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide the intraday that you seek due to other priorities. Alternatively, you could try a NinjaScript consultant.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree, the indicator does seem taxing on a system. I use StockFinder which has intraday Midas, and when more than 2 Midas indicators are plotted StockFinder becomes very slow. This was the reason for my curiosity of the indicator in NT -since NT is not as hungry for system resources as SF. Anyway, sorry to hear NT may not carry all indicators listed in S&C -I guess any one platform can't possibly accommodate all indicators listed in the magazine. No big deal.

Thanks for the link though. Two Midas plots is enough for now in SF. If I commit to NT, as a trading platform, then perhaps I'll seek out conultants.

thanks,

robert

Comment

Has anyone been able to get this indicator to work using a Zen Fire connection? Since Zen doesn't have daily bars, I tried using 1440 min bars, but still get the error "Midas is to be used on non-intraday charts" no matter what I select.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
          Has anyone been able to get this indicator to work using a Zen Fire connection? Since Zen doesn't have daily bars, I tried using 1440 min bars, but still get the error "Midas is to be used on non-intraday charts" no matter what I select.

Mike
          I haven't tried it, but I looked into the package and noticed that it contains two indicators: Midas for daily data and I_Midas for intraday
          May be this will help

Comment

maybe a staff member should post Midas on the indicator download page -someone may be able to code intraday options into the indicator- but first they need to know that it's even there to download?

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
              I haven't tried it, but I looked into the package and noticed that it contains two indicators: Midas for daily data and I_Midas for intraday
              May be this will help
              Oh man, guess I should have looked in the .zip file. Didn't even notice I-Midas in my indicator list...but yeah, it does work intraday. Thanks for posting this info. Roonius....this is great news!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
                May be this will help
                doh! I usually look at the zip cuz you never know what is inside, it seems no one follows a "normal" (to me) naming convention. But not this time!

hehe

Thanks!

Mike

Comment

Settings anyone? How does this indicator work?
                  eDanny
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

For more info on this, you can review the September 2008 TASC article...I think originally it goes back to Paul Levine, maybe a google search can help for specifics.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

eDanny,

i'll post scans of the TASC articles -in PDF or ZIP- later today .

-robert

Comment

looks like the article scans exceed the upload limit even though the zip file is only 1.5 megs. Let me know if you want me to email them you.

-robert

Comment

Originally posted by rretch View Post
                          looks like the article scans exceed the upload limit even though the zip file is only 1.5 megs. Let me know if you want me to email them you.

-robert
                          You could always try rapidshare or http://stashbox.org/

I wouldn't mind reading the article myself.

BTW, has anyone created a strategy with this? I get programming errors when using the wizard.
                          Last edited by Elliott Wave; 04-08-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Courtesy of rretch, here is the link to the scans:

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                              You could always try rapidshare or http://stashbox.org/
                              I'm still stuck in the "web ways" of the 90's....i need to look into these things....I mean twitter...uhhh??!!

Anyway, I think ctrlbrk is going to post a link to the files.

-robert
                              Last edited by rretch; 04-08-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able