Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Proper Trading Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Trading Account

Hey guys,

I'm 97.5% certain my strategy is ready to go online. I've got some questions for anyone running a live trading account.

1) How and what do people do to handle disconnection?
    On this note I had planned to setup NT on an Azure Cloud workstation so it was basically online all the time. However is there anything or suggestions as to what I can do in the code to handle these kind of things?

2) I enter long & short at the same time on the same instrument, reading threw previous posts I read this can't be done with 1 account. I would need 2 separate accounts to trade against is this correct information? If so can anyone suggest a good account?

3) What is a good broker / account etc to use to trades? How much does each trade cost, these are parameters in my strategy, just wondering whats the cheapest / best as far as quick entries etc goes.

4) I have the free NT at the moment, do I need the Pro one to trade?

5) Im from Aus, if anyone else is from Aus any suggestions relating to AUD and or banks here as to how the funds are sync'ed or what ever would be great.

Appreciate the advice in advance thanks.
    Last edited by happypappy; 10-22-2014, 06:10 AM.

Hello HappyPappy,

Thank you for your note.

I will be able to answer the 1st and 4th question here for you. I would not be able to make or give recommendations on the other items.

1) You would be able to handle the disconnections within the Code with the OnConnectionStatus() method -
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tionstatus.htm

4) You will need to purchase or lease a live license key in order to be able to trade live through the NinjaTrader Platform.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply

It says in the link provided that the connection is required I'm more specifically worried about missing a reentry because of a connection problem.

I was hoping to hear from someone who's trading now who can tell me what to look out for. I'll look into the live license Thanks.

Comment

If I was to sell the strategy hope would I got about selling it like of your 3rd party vendors do now?

Comment

Also what's the minimum entry for Forex in testing the first entry is $50 can I do that because it enters multiplet imes I need to work out how big my account needs to be the start and also how many currencies I can run it against at one time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin