Difficulty Manually Moving Stops In Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty Manually Moving Stops In Chart Trader

Hello. For some time now I've had great difficulty moving the stops in chart trader. I didn't have this problem prior to the past couple of upgrades. Currently I have version 6.5.1000.15. I use an inspiron 1501 lap top with 2 GB of memory.

As I understand it in order to move a stop I left click and then release on the flag, then drag the stop to my desired level, then left click and release. However, when I follow this procedure, after the initial click I must drag the stop very quickly. Otherwise it will stay stuck in it's current location. The bottom line is it is a very difficult task trying to get the stop to go where I want it to. You guys tried to help me with this before by re-installing the program but this still didn't work. I really want to use NT because of all the great features but without being able to perform this basic task I'll have to move on to something else unless you guys can help me solve this. Maybe it would be helpful if you were able to watch my screen while trying to move the stop?

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hello Maxreturn,

Order modification on ChartTrader is actually done through a two-click process, not click and drag.

Click once to "pick up" your order, move the mouse to the desired location. Click again to "place" the order in the new position.

See here for more information on modifying chart trader orders.

I'd be glad to provide a demo on modifying orders and verify everything is working as expected on your NinjaTrader. To arrange this, please send a note to [email protected], Attn: RyanM and reference this thread:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello Maxreturn,

Order modification on ChartTrader is actually done through a two-click process, not click and drag.

Click once to "pick up" your order, move the mouse to the desired location. Click again to "place" the order in the new position.

See here for more information on modifying chart trader orders.

I'd be glad to provide a demo on modifying orders and verify everything is working as expected on your NinjaTrader. To arrange this, please send a note to [email protected], Attn: RyanM and reference this thread:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=30485
      Yes Ryan, I am not clicking and dragging. Once I click on the flag, I release the left click and then try to move the stop with my touch pad. However, like I said...I must move at lightning speed. Otherwise the stop stays
      stuck in it's original position.

Comment

Sounds like you got the technique down. You will probably get much better results using a mouse, rather than a touchpad.

Comment

Sounds like you got the technique down. You will probably get much better results using a mouse, rather than a touchpad.
          I've tried a mouse and while it's a little improvement...again I must move the stop at lightning speed, otherwise the "ghost" disappears and the stop stays stuck. Like I said before I think it might make sense for one of your guys to actually view my screen while I'm trying to do this. You'll see exactly what I'm up against and hopefully come up with a solution.

Regards
          Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

If you'd like for me to take a look at your screen:

Please send a note to [email protected], Attn: RyanM and reference this thread:
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=30485

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM
              Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your time on the phone today. Sorry we weren't able to sort it out why you're seeing this.

I checked my mouse settings and a setting for "Click Lock" sounds like it could cause some of this. Check if you're using this in your windows control panel > mouse settings.
              Hello Ryan. When I check mouse settings in control panel I checked all the tabs and could find no setting for "click lock". But I'm not an expert so I'm thinking it may be worth it for you guys to check my settings. Also, I tried updating the drivers for my touch pad and the plug in mouse but the wizard says I have the most recent drivers. Can you brain storm a bit with your associates? There has to be a solution to this. I must find it if I'm going to continue to use NT. Thanks for your help so far.

Best Regards
              Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

Yes, I've consulted with some associates and here some things to try:

1) Create a new workspace with File > Workspace > New Workspace. Close any active (non-default) workspaces as well with File > Workspace > Close Workspace

2) Try the pointer cursor instead of crosshairs.

3) Try with a new database. Renaming the database will cause you to lose all historical data, trade executions, and saved ATM strategy templates. You can always restore if it doesn't address the issue.

To rename the DB:
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB.
                • Right click on NinjaTrader.MDB and select "Rename."
                • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.MDB."
                • Then restart the software.
                4) Try with version 7 and let us know if you see the same issue there. Download is available here and you can install alongside version 6.5

Comment

Hi Chuck,

Yes, I've consulted with some associates and here some things to try:

1) Create a new workspace with File > Workspace > New Workspace. Close any active (non-default) workspaces as well with File > Workspace > Close Workspace

2) Try the pointer cursor instead of crosshairs.

3) Try with a new database. Renaming the database will cause you to lose all historical data, trade executions, and saved ATM strategy templates. You can always restore if it doesn't address the issue.

To rename the DB:
                  • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                  • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB.
                  • Right click on NinjaTrader.MDB and select "Rename."
                  • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.MDB."
                  • Then restart the software.

4) Try with version 7 and let us know if you see the same issue there. Download is available here and you can install alongside version 6.5
                  Hello Ryan. I tried the first two things with no success. I'll try renaming the DB but before doing so would you please tell me how to restore it if it doesn't work? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, to restore:
                    Delete the newly created NinjaTrader.mdb
                    Rename your prior database from NewNinjaTrader.mdb to NinjaTrader.mdb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes