Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Heiken-Ashi - Alert Development Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I access them?

Has anyone tried this yet? I dont see how to access any of it.

Thanks

Comment

For example, you can access the diffrent HA OHLC plots in the Strategy Wizard for building a strategy...
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Programming

must I access that by the code? I cant do it with the wizard...I dont know how to do anything with code. Can anyone help with that?

Comment

Originally posted by pdmoney View Post
          must I access that by the code? I cant do it with the wizard...I dont know how to do anything with code. Can anyone help with that?
          See attached HeikenAshi Strategy - enters position depending on color change and reverses position on the next change

This strategy is made totaly with wizard - without unlocking a code.

Hope it helps

roonius
          Attached Files

Comment

Friggin Brilliant!

Thanks a million...

I am clearly showing how new I am to NT because I still cant figure out how you did that. However, I do see how I can access your strategy with the wizard to tweak it. And, of course on initial backtests it doesnt provide the desired results I thought it might but next I would like to add some tweaks like additional confirmation indicators. I'll throw it out there before I even look but is there a way to just set an alert for a price bar change?

Maybe I should be attempting to use simpler indicators/strategies as a newbie. the Heiken-Ashi candles appear to be such a simple visual aid but are most definitely more complicated than 1st appear.

This board has been a great learning resource. Thanks everyone for the tips!
            Last edited by pdmoney; 01-15-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Bull Strategy

some quick backtests in 60 minute timeframe on a few stocks indicates this is effective during upmoves. best results were from the recent Nov lows to now..even just from Dec 15 to now is negative. One more qustion from a newbie: How can I add TriggerLines from here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...r+lines&page=2 as a confirmation indicator? For example: Only exit long position if the trigger lines confirm the Heiken color change signal by changing colors also? Its more of a how to tweak stratagies question in general. Adding confirmation indicators would be very helpful. I find all this very intriguing but have no idea how to program all this. I dont understand why some strategies open in the Wizard to edit them and others open in the code window??

Thanks again...
              Last edited by pdmoney; 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM.

Comment

When you create a strategy from the scratch, you first do it with wizard.
                If you "unlock" the code from wizard for manual editing, you are no more able to open that strategy with wizard again.

Comment

Darn!

There's no way to get it back again?

BTW, I am just testing out your Squeeze Indicator too. Great Stuff!!

I need to lear how to impliment the indicators into actionable alerts or strategies...know of any helpfiles a novice could follow???

Comment

Originally posted by pdmoney View Post
                    There's no way to get it back again?

BTW, I am just testing out your Squeeze Indicator too. Great Stuff!!

I need to lear how to impliment the indicators into actionable alerts or strategies...know of any helpfiles a novice could follow???

Comment

Thanks for your help here roonius, we appreciate it.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
                        See attached HeikenAshi Strategy - enters position depending on color change and reverses position on the next change

Hope it helps

roonius
                        Hi Roonius, can you try whether your HeikenAshi Strategy work with the HeikenAshiSmoothed indicator posted in http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...42574#poststop or the ModHeikenAshi in http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=2780? I couldn't get it to work at all. The strategy give me zero trades.
                        Last edited by tjendra; 03-24-2009, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjendra View Post
                          Hi Roonius, can you try whether your HeikenAshi Strategy work with the HeikenAshiSmoothed indicator posted in http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...42574#poststop or the ModHeikenAshi in http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=2780? I couldn't get it to work at all. The strategy give me zero trades.
                          Sorry for late reply...
                          It will not work with those indicators

Comment

hi do we use this strategie using the default settings? or does someone have a recomended setting that works better?

Hope it helps

roonius

Comment

does some one have a new strategie for the heiken ashi that is profitable?
                              Sorry for late reply...
                              It will not work with those indicators

Comment

You can use the Heiken Ashi Smoothed indicator. Set price markers to true. Look at the data box also.

it shows

HAOpen
                                HAHigh
                                HALow
                                HAClose

it's not just for use visually. use the numeric values.

Like HAClose>HAClose one bar ago - do something

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                11 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jculp
                                by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post RubenCazorla  
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                2 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post BarzTrading  
                                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Working...
                                X