Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pivot Points Camarilla Indicator (Download) Version 5 Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camarilla indicator for NinjaTrader

Hello, I'm a new user of Ninjatrader. I used the version 7,0 and I tried to import the ZIP file with the Import Ninjascript function and I received every time the following error message:

Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive.

Can somebody help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vipdesign; 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Hi vipdesign,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. That indicator was designed for NinjaTrader 6.5 and the message suggests that bringing it into your 7 installation would lead to programming errors. To migrate into 7, follow these steps.

Go to "Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator" and manually copy the source files for your NinjaScript to "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator"
      Go to "Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Strategy" and manually copy the source files for your NinjaScript to "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy"

After all components are copied you will need to compile the NinjaScript assembly. Go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript and open any file. Press "F5" on your keyboard or the "Compile" button on the toolbar. When compiling you should see a list of errors that need to be addressed before your NinjaScript files will work. Please review the "Code breaking changes" information that may help in resolving some of the errors in your list.
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to make it clear. This message can be caused by any other NinjaScript file which is not clean and may not be related to the Camarilla indicator.

Originally posted by vipdesign View Post
        Hello, I'm a new user of Ninjatrader. I used the version 7,0 and I tried to import the ZIP file with the Import Ninjascript function and I received every time the following error message:

Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive.

Can somebody help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for your help. In the mean time I found a Camarilla indicator on the following website for NinjaTrader 7.0:http://www.bigmiketrading.com/
          This indicator was working well.
          Greetings

Comment

The SessionPivots indicator, which I have coded also has an option to display Camarilla pivots. It should be more accurate, but requires the use of appropriate session templates.

Originally posted by vipdesign View Post
            Thanks for your help. In the mean time I found a Camarilla indicator on the following website for NinjaTrader 7.0:http://www.bigmiketrading.com/
            This indicator was working well.
            Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              Hi vipdesign,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. That indicator was designed for NinjaTrader 6.5 and the message suggests that bringing it into your 7 installation would lead to programming errors. To migrate into 7, follow these steps.

Go to "Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator" and manually copy the source files for your NinjaScript to "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator"
              Go to "Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Strategy" and manually copy the source files for your NinjaScript to "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy"

After all components are copied you will need to compile the NinjaScript assembly. Go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript and open any file. Press "F5" on your keyboard or the "Compile" button on the toolbar. When compiling you should see a list of errors that need to be addressed before your NinjaScript files will work. Please review the "Code breaking changes" information that may help in resolving some of the errors in your list.
              Can someone please provide step by step directions to get camarilla pivots to work with charts in the latest version. I followed the directions and copied the source files to "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator". When I try to copy the source files to "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy" it says the files already exist. When I go to Go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript and try to open any file i get 2 choices for files strategy or indicator. I can't find the files. When I go to chart and select indicators I don't know where to fingd Canmarilla pivots.
              Thanks,
              Kenny

Comment

Hi Kenny,

You just quoted the complete steps for manually bringing in indicator files. After compiling are there any error messages you are unsure about?

Comment

I can't find the files I just imported to compile or add them to my chart.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyz55 View Post
                    I can't find the files I just imported to compile or add them to my chart.
                    Just open any script (for example ADX indicator) and press F5 to compile ALL scripts on your NT, this would include the newly added Camarilla Pivots then. Some scripts are designed to show under a different name for diplay / label purposes, if you can share which exact script you attempt to run we can take a look into.

Thanks,
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can't Open Script

I go to file/utilities/Import ninjascript It opens C:\Users\Kenny\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom but there are no files to open. I am trying to use http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=20324
                      Thanks and Happy Holidays,
                      Kenny

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                      Just open any script (for example ADX indicator) and press F5 to compile ALL scripts on your NT, this would include the newly added Camarilla Pivots then. Some scripts are designed to show under a different name for diplay / label purposes, if you can share which exact script you attempt to run we can take a look into.

Thanks,

Comment

Zip files should be saved to your computer. You do not need to manually open them and extract contents. To import, save this file somewhere to your hard drive, then use File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript > Select the file.

If you are new to downloading/ saving files in Windows, the desktop is a convenient location you could save to that may make it easier. If you do not receive a prompt asking you where to save the files, they are likely placed in a "downloads" directory.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post prdecast  
                        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes