Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MQL4 to Ninja: Ravi FX Fisher divergence indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MQL4 to Ninja: Ravi FX Fisher divergence indicator

Hello, Ninja professionals!
    If you could re-code this indicator from MQL4 to Ninja, it would be great. I use Ravi FX Fisher 3 years, its' a No.1 divergence indicator, it works much better than other. I'm shure your customers will be happy to get powerful tool.
    Attached Files

Hi pashalv, thanks for posting this - hopefully someone takes it up. What is the logic behind it? Basically a 'fisherized' RAVI indicator?

If you want to give it a try yourself, here are our NinjaScript tutorials - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

For professional programming, you can contact these NinjaScript consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, it is.. 'fisherized' RAVI, no less no more.. But... how brilliant it works!

Comment

Nice, then I hope somebody will assist you in converting this to NinjaScript.

Comment

Let me know if this works.

I couldn't find LWMA for NinjaTrader so I used WMA, I'm not sure if there is any difference.

Enjoy!
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for coding that up Elliott Wave, I think LWMA is just the same as the WMA...

Comment

Thank You very much, Elliott Wave!
              Testing...

Comment

I am trying to find more info on this. I tried a google search, it seems that this is a popular indicator. But I could not find anything on the use nor history. I am wondering what the "rules" of use are and the correct settings.
                Thanks

Comment

I've never used it either, but from what I can gather from the original poster its good to use as a divergence indicator.

You could also buy/sell when the plot goes above/below the trigger lines, but if the indicator is diverging it could be a false signal.

I haven't played with it much yet, but as a start I would look for a divergence with the RAVI FX Fisher to then be confirmed by another indicator for a valid signal.

Another way to use it would be as a filter. If your primary indicator gives a signal while the RAVI FX Fisher is within the band then the signal is not as strong etc.

Comment

I've read it's somewhat of a momentum/strength/trend indicator

Flat, specifically in middle, your in chop (range bound)

Any slope to it and the steeper the slope the stronger the move (trending)

Supposedly you set the trigger lines to indicate if plotted value within region then your range bound...but I'm looking at very small time frames and this is not always proving true... but does look good on 10 and 15 mins in which price seems to be straddling the ema20 and the signal seems to be within the default trigger lines

I read about this in the Synergy 2.0 docs in which it is called the Range Factor indicator

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH