Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Danger NinjaTrader and / or AMP Trading !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danger NinjaTrader and / or AMP Trading !

In fast moving market four days ago at 15:40 Ninja submitted my market orders one by one live 1 contract each long TF, ordered manually without strategy from TF 03-10 Chart Trader. This action was completely hidden. Impossible was to successfully manage or close thoses positions. All my live orders was invisible and not managable, not displayed on Chart Trader enabled nor account performance window except that I am TF flat. Alongside sim 101 worked TF 03-10 without a problem.
    Next day Dorman Trading sent to me daily statement with very big loss in TF 03-10 long position.
    In NinjaTrader log and trace for that day I found info :
    15:40 I had long position 3 contracts PositionInstrument='TF 03-20' followed by alert: 'The subscription to this instrument has been aborted. Dependent network services and / or data were not available'
    15:42 Order : Cancel all orders for instrument='TF 03-10'
    15:46 Order : Submitting order by chart trader direct entry
    15:46 Long position, Quantity=4 Market, PositionInstrument='TF 03-20'
    15:46 Order : Submitting order by chart trader direct entry
    15:46 Order External: Rejected at RMS - Available buy margin exhausted
    15:47 Order : Cancel all orders for instrument='TF 03-10'
    16:34 Connection Amp Trading Live: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected
    16:42 Long position, Quantity=4 Market, PositionInstrument='TF 03-20'
    19:00 Long position, Quantity=4 Market, PositionInstrument='TF 03-20'
    19:29 Long position, Quantity=4 Market, PositionInstrument='TF 03-20'
    19:31 Long position, Quantity=4 Market, PositionInstrument='TF 03-20'
    22:57 Order External: Short position, Quantity=4 Market, PositionInstrument='TF 03-20'
    Finish : extremely big loss live and real in TF 03-10 !
    For more than 6 hours after regular market session I had my live trading account Dorman / Amp Trading with opened and totally hidden mirrored long position 4 contracts TF 03-10 with same parameters as PositionInstrument='TF 03-20' , both worked with margin requirement 16, 000 and margin deficit more than 14, 000 !
    How to understand such weird implementing by Ninja and / or hosted adapter Dorman!AMP and working on Nybot exchange as a cloud PositionInstrument='TF 03-20' ?
    How to explicit unusual acceptation by Nybot / Dorman / AMP Trading abnormal big overnight margin deficit in one long 4 contracts position TF 03-20 | TF 03-10 ?
    My issue can be good alert for many of us waiting for new NT7, traders trading bigger lots and for traders looking for reliable brokerage services.

akoza

Hello akoza,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for the date the issue occurred. You can find these files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100301.txt for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100301.txt for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Attach the files as an attachment in the email.

In addition, how many TF instruments do you have listed in the Instrument Manager's 'Available master instruments' section?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
      Yes, I send you my log and trace for that trading day. I sent them on last Thursday to NinjaTrader Customer Service and Christopher Jameson was in contact with me. Hi also asked me about my Default instruments list in the Instrument Manager's. My Default list was ES 03-10, FDAX 03-10, NQ 03-10, TF 03-10and YM 03-10. Chris helped me in such way that I renamed my database and upgraded my older NinjaTrader to 6.5.1000.14. Probably new NT version works correct, but will be good to know and understand where is reason for injected by Ninja or by AMP broker this weird TF 03-20 instrument.Thank you Jason for your quick response.
      akoza

Comment

Hello Jason,
        Yes, I send you my log and trace for that trading day. I sent them on last Thursday to NinjaTrader Customer Service and Christopher Jameson was in contact with me. Hi also asked me about my Default instruments list in the Instrument Manager's. My Default list was ES 03-10, FDAX 03-10, NQ 03-10, TF 03-10and YM 03-10. Chris helped me in such way that I renamed my database and upgraded my older NinjaTrader to 6.5.1000.14. Probably new NT version works correct, but will be good to know and understand where is reason for injected by Ninja or by AMP broker this weird TF 03-20 instrument.Thank you Jason for your quick response.
        akoza

Comment

Hello akoza,

I will await the files to investigate.

However you state you had an older version installed. Most likely this is the cause of the issue. You received position updates that reflect 03-20 instead of 03-10. The NinjaTrader chart that contains the 03-10 instrument will not reflect your position, since it is reported as 03-20.

There has been a similar issue reported.

Unfortunately, Zen-Fire + 03-10 expiries + older versions of NinjaTrader result in the following issue.

Older NinjaTrader versions will report an execution update that lists the expiry as 03-00, while a 03-10 order is submitted from NinjaTrader.

So there is no position listed in NinjaTrader as per the 03-10 expiry, since execution and position updates for the 03-00 (year 2000) expiry are reported.

Make sure you have version 6.5.1000.14 installed and you will be fine. You can check what version you have installed at Help-->About.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Mail to you with my NT trace and log was returned to me, I try to sent it to you second time, but this your answer helped me to understand my issue and is enough for me.
            Thank you for your explanation. My older Ninja was 6.5.1000.9, now I have 6.5.100.14 ( and weaker trading account ). Good news is that new version works OK. I hope NT7 will be also free from such danger errors.
            Happy trading to all.

akoza

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            2 responses
            1 like
            Last Post BarzTrading  
            Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
            3 responses