Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Development is painfull.. thanks to UI getting in your way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Development is painfull.. thanks to UI getting in your way.

Just 3 things from my developments yesterday.

* WHy do you have to bring up a stupid dialog every time I compile for debug? Seriouly. THis is painfull.
    * Why can your editor now see the file was changed outside and reload it, like vs.net does? I often debug in vs.net now, and - well - i sometimes just do a small code change there and then loose it Please replicate the VS.NET reload behavior. OR keep a write lock on the file. But not doing both makes it a little hard for us real developers just used to work in VS.NET - we have to be carefull where to edit
    * Why can I not remove more than one stopped strategy from the strategy grid Really. Removing 50 stopped strategies is painfull

Mostl that is it. Those really get in the way...

Hello NetTecture,

I am not sure what dialog window you are referring. When I compile a NinjaScript file, I receive a window that states all files compiled successful.

Once you made a modification in the code, you can reload the NinjaScript file in a chart by right clicking in the chart and select 'Reload NinjaScript'.

I suggest to disconnect and re-connect from your data feed in NinjaTrader and it should remove stopped strategies.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, first of all - that dialog PER SE is already surplus. What about just.... not showing it at all? Show me a dialog when an error appears. But dont bother me to click away a dialog that has NO SENSIBLE INFORMATION. What you do here is train people to click away dialogs. VS.NET somehow does not bother me with suplus notficiations like you do...?

Second... turn on debugging. Now instead of one, you have two dialogs, because you get a warning every time you compile. Wohopa. You get paid from Microsoft for new mice I buy Sorry for the joke.

Btw., disconnecting? Yeah I know. But why do I have to disconnect insteead of you doing usability basics? Your UI developers... should read the windows design guide. The part about being able to select multiple items in a list and apply a command to all of them. What about stoppind 10 strategies, leaving 4 running. No disconnect here - and I have to do it one by one.

Seriously: bad UI design, contrary to style guide. I suggest a fix. You know, in the area of making it a better product.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jclose
      by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes