Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error while connecting to Mb Trading and Gain Forex

Hi,

I've just download v6.5, tried to connect to Mb Trading and Gain at the same time, it say cant connect at the same time?

At the moment i have a live trading account with Mb Trading for futures, but i would like to trade forex as well, how do i set up for forex at Ninja Trader for Mb Trading forex live account?

Can i use Free version of NT to place trade for Live account Mb Trading?

Thank you

Unfortunately you can not connect to both of those brokers at the same time since FX is not a central market and both brokers quote different prices. MBT is fractional pricing while we only support GAIN fixed spread pricing. The lot size notation is also different.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So how do i overcome this problem?

I have live account with Mb Trading(its only for futures,stocks,options), and i'm using other broker to trade forex.

How do i use Ninja Trader to monitor futures chart and forex charts at the same. I can MB Trading for futures, how about forex, since cant login using Gain Forex anymore? Any other free data for forex that can be connected with Mb trading at the same time?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Unfortunately you can not connect to both of those brokers at the same time since FX is not a central market and both brokers quote different prices. MBT is fractional pricing while we only support GAIN fixed spread pricing. The lot size notation is also different.

Comment

I believe you should be able to do that by -

- Connect to GAIN first
        - Connect to MBT second

* The simulation account (SIM101) will be tied to the GAIN connection so you will not be able to sim trade futures and equities, only FX.

Comment

Hi,

I did connect to Gain first, then tried to connect to MBT, but i still get the same error message, 'You can not connect to MBTrading while your connected to Gain'. I'm using NT V6.5.

Previously i had no problems with NT V6.0, to connect to MBT and Gain at the same time. Just after i've download the latest version, V6.5, i cant connect to MBT and Gain at the same time, i understand that V6.5

Any other options i need to change?

Thanks

I believe you should be able to do that by -

- Connect to GAIN first
          - Connect to MBT second

* The simulation account (SIM101) will be tied to the GAIN connection so you will not be able to sim trade futures and equities, only FX.
          Last edited by Greenmoney21; 04-01-2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I see. In 6.0, we did not support FX for MBT, 6.5 we do, that is the new limitation that you face. Let me think about this and I will get back to you.

Comment

Hi,

I've just spoke to MB Trading, even if i have account to trade futures and forex at MB Trading, thats requires 2 accounts from them, 1 for futures, stocks and options and another 1 for forex, which mean i need to disconnect from futures account and connect to forex account in order for me to place forex order while i'm connected to futures account. this would not be great at all, my data feed will be disconnected and does not sound professional at all.

I see. In 6.0, we did not support FX for MBT, 6.5 we do, that is the new limitation that you face. Let me think about this and I will get back to you.
              Last edited by Greenmoney21; 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ender_wiggum  
              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Mizzouman1