Removal of the popup boxes in NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of the popup boxes in NT

Removal of the popup boxes in NT.The boxes when you load a chart or load historical data.They are the most annoying non user friendly things I have ever seen.You could have a nice little neat box in the NT control centre to say "This request can not be aborted" or "Reloading historical data".
    Why on earth you feel the need to popup boxes at every minute is beyond me.You cannot even minimise them and go and do something else while its working.This is extreme non user friendlyness and, I will not be paying for the full licence, until this is removed.Im not entirely sure what planet some software developers come from, but 90% of people I speak to despise popups in any shape or form.It is so easy to put a clean little neat box in NT to say whats going on, you dont have to keep constantly throwing boxes into peoples faces.

Hello Mike,

I have forwarded your suggestion to our development team to ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

LOL

Good points though. This information could be neatly displayed in the charts title bar caption, there's plenty of room....

Intrusive pop-up windows that provide no useful information are a pain.

On other hand something that a user might want to be intrusive, like an alert, isn't. The window just sits in the background lazily hoping you eventually notice it!
      Last edited by Elliott Wave; 05-08-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Its not just Ninja Trader though its most software these days for some reason developers dont think of user freindliness anymore they think of POP POP BOX BOX hey look at this look at me etc.Windows is the worst culprit so many things you need to do and you end up with this stupid box in the middle of your screen.Anyone who works on computers alot will know what I mean.
        I think this would make NT alot more easy to use having all things in the control centre itself only the charts doms having there own seperate boxes.
        Also the start up screen when you start NT I dont think it needs this huge popup box in the middle of the screen that you cant minimise.Anyway thats my only suggestion other than these things its fine.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. We will put them on the list of future considerations.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, these boxes are 100% annoying, you can't even minimise them and the're always on top of any other window you switch to whilst waiting- fabulous. If anything please allow them to go into the background.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred