Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Optimize/Backtest Runs Wrong Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimize/Backtest Runs Wrong Strategy

I have been creating new strategies by taking an existing strategy, modifying it, and successfully saving under a new name. Today I did the same on two different strategies and two different PCs, but I get a different result:

The strategy saves under the new name successfully, but when I select the new trategy to optimize or backtest, the test runs the original strategy. Clearly the new strategy was selected at the start of the test, but the results and window title bar clearly reflect the original strategy.

I did a DB Repair on one PC, but same result. Any other input is appreciated.

Then, I created the strategy from scratch, but once I complete the wizard line with my logic, it cannot be edited with the "..." button. The only thing that appears different is that I am using indicator in indicator, in an indicator.

Any idea why this cannot be edited?

The "from scratch" strategy saves successfully, but optimize still runs the wrong strategy! I'm dyin' here...

Any input is appreciated.
    Last edited by KrisS; 07-27-2009, 08:38 PM.

KrisS, I'm not fully sure I follow - could you please clarify what you mean by - 'The only thing that appears different is that I am using indicator in indicator, in an indicator'

Have you already tried compiling all your files fresh by opening just one indicator and pressing F5 in the NinjaScript editor?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The only thing that is clearly different from all my historically successful modify and saves is that I am doing an SMA of an indicator, with an indicator as an input to the prior indicator.

The resulting issues are:

A. Cannot edit the indicator line in the wizard once the logic dialog is closed
      B. Strategy Analyzer will not run the new strategy even though it is clearly selected in the run dialog. Once complete, it is clearly the old strategy that ran. The old strategy name is also shown in the window title bar.
      Last edited by KrisS; 07-28-2009, 06:31 AM.

Comment

KrisS, thanks - can you please send me the strategy export to support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand? Then I'll try to reproduce this here on my end. btw: which NinjaTrader version are you running?

Comment

Version: 6.5.1000.11

I will try to send tonight or tomrrow.

Thanks,

Kris

Comment

Ok, great please do. Your version is the most current.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            1 response
            0 likes