Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Bars and Indicator Labels

I have three suggestions regarding the charts:

1. My indicator configuration and strategy requires me to know how many bars are there on the chart. Therefore it would be very useful if the data boxes in the chart (both the separate one and the one which is activated with middle mouse click) calculate the number of bars in the chart. I think that many strategy composers find this very useful.

2. I usually use dozens of indicators on one chart. And when all the indicators are on the charts there are a LOT of indicator labels on the upper left corner of the chart. So, it would be good if it was possible to disable the label of the specific indicator. This feature could be incorporated into indicator options for example (Show label: True/False).

3. I use Metatrader 4.0 for my FOREX trading operations. It has one good tool for measuring the number of bars and difference between two prices. It looks like ordinary crosshair, and when i click the middle button on my mouse the measurement tool is activated. When I drag up/down or sideways it measures how many bars and pips are there between the two points. It would be very useful to have this feature in your platform.

I hope these suggestions will be considered and incorporated.

1) Thanks for your suggestion. We'll it it to the list.
    2) Will be available fall time frame
    3) Thanks for your suggestion. We'll it it to the list.

Comment

this is quite an old thread, but i'm curious to know if there is now a property (either in NT6.5 or NT7) to reveal how many bars are currently being displayed in a given chart-window?

cheers,
      -e

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
        this is quite an old thread, but i'm curious to know if there is now a property (either in NT6.5 or NT7) to reveal how many bars are currently being displayed in a given chart-window?

cheers,
        -e
        Yes, within NinjaTrader 7 there is a Ruler tool that can be used to display the number of bars. This tool will be located within the Drawing Tools drop down window.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Working with Drawing Tools:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thx for the quick reply

is this also accessible via NinjaScript? it would be tremendously helpful to know how many bars are currently displayed in the chart, so then we could loop thru those bars, find the min / max values, etc.i don't need help on the code for looping or calculating the min / max, etc.

what i am asking is how to reference the number of bars currently displayed on the chart at any given time programatically (eg. in OnBarUpdate()).

cheers,
          -e

Comment

The # of bars displayed on the screen is not exposed via NinjaScript however, in the coming months we likely will provide some guidance on how to accomplish this in an upcoming new advanced programming forum section.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Ray -- thanks and looking forward to that additional forum section.

loving NT7 ... great work

cheers,
              -e

Comment

Was this implemented?

Comment

I will check with development to see if this is available via NinjaScript and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM.
                  Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by yogival View Post
                    Was this implemented?
                    Welcome to our forums yogival, there are unfortunately not supported methods to query thins info - however you could look into the undocumented ChartControl's for this task:

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by yogival View Post
                      Was this implemented?
                      Was what implemented? Are you looking for code to show the number of bars visibly displayed in the current viewing window of the chart, or the total number of bars that exist on the chart?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                      1 response
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post swestendorf  
                      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes