Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer and indicator column

I'm using NT beta 9.

In both charts and market analyzer, I have set the session times to 9:30 AM until 4:00 PM.

But, the indicator value observed is different in market analyzer than in the chart itself. It appears that using indicators in the market analyzer is not using the modified session times.

For example, I am using the Aroon Oscillator indicator and am seeing completely different indicator values in the chart data box versus the market analyzer indicator column.

I thought it was a problem in the custom indicator I'm developing, but "standard" indicators show the same behavior.

I noticed that the chart properties have an attribute called "show unstable period for indicators" but the market analyzer doesn't have that same attribute available. I'm suspecting that is the source of the problem?

1) Can this problem be fixed in the next beta ?

2) In the meantime, is there some code that can be added to my indicator to work around this problem ? Any pointers/tips on how to do this would be appreciated.

imported post

First step, make sure you have loaded enough bars in the Market Analyzer. In the Properties dialogue, I believe there is a setting for bars back, tweak that to ensure you have enough data that covers your calculations.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Also, make sure that chart indicators have "Calculate on bar close" property set to false. Market Analyzer indicators are set this was internally by default. This could also contribute to a discrepancy since the chart indicator value will display the last bar's value, not the current open bar's value.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
        Also, make sure that chart indicators have "Calculate on bar close" property set to false. Market Analyzer indicators are set this was internally by default. This could also contribute to a discrepancy since the chart indicator value will display the last bar's value, not the current open bar's value.

Hello,

I just found this post and need some clarity. I have 3 indicators I use in Market Analyzer. I have 2 columns for each indicator. One column is set to COBC=TRUE and the 2nd column is set to COBC=FALSE. The reason I do this is so that I can see the the position the indicator WAS in when the PREVIOUS bar closed, so I use COBC=TRUE

Will this cause me problems? I need to see the position the indicator was in (up/down) for the previous bar. If this will cause incorrect values, is there another way to achieve this?

Appreciate your help

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Thank you for writing in.

You will be able to use indicators with different calculate on bar close settings without issues in the Market Analyzer.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
          1 response
          0 likes