Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding and Changing parameters in the Indicators windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding and Changing parameters in the Indicators windows

Hello again,

In the indicators window, in the right side, i'd like to see some variables that i'm not seeing although i coded them in the "#region Variables" section.

My #region Variables:
    #region Variables
    // Wizard generated variables
    private int myInput0 = 1; // Default setting for MyInput0
    private bool commercials = true;
    private bool nonCommercials = false;
    private bool other = false;
    private DateTime date;
    #endregion

When plotting, in the variables window I only see "myImput0".
    How could I see commercials, nonCommercials, and other?

thanks,
    jr.

Hi, you want to set those up as user input paramters as explained in this tip - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5782
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do the same apply if I want to draw PlotCommercials, PlotNonCommercials and so on instead of only Plot0?

thanks so much,
      jr.

Comment

Hi, you can add plots to your indicators with the Add() method - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/Add.html

You can change the displayed name there, too - just make sure you also adjust the corresponding dataseries one under 'Properties'.

Comment

Fantastic!. It appears like i need and i plotted two indicators modifying the "properties" section.
          Now: how can i delete "myInput0"?. It doesn't compile if I comment it in this section and in the variables section.
          jr.

Comment

Great, if you don't need the myInput0 anymore comment this line out in your variables and also those entries in the 'Properties' section -
            Code:
            [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][Description([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2])]
            [Category([/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Parameters"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2])]
            [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]int[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] MyInput0
            {
            [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] myInput0; }
            [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]set[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] { myInput0 = Math.Max([/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana], value); }[/FONT]
            }
            [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I had done that but i still have an error in the "NinjaScript generated code" section when compiling :-(
              It says (in spanish) that NinjaTrader.Indicator.xxx doen't contain a definition for "MyInput0"

Comment

Please click on the offending code line and comment it out, must likely you didn't comment out all the snippet contained in my prior post.

Comment

What and how I commented:
                  Variables:
                  //private int myInput0 = 1; // Default setting for MyInput0

Properties:
                  /*[Description("")]
                  [Category("Parameters")]
                  public int MyInput0
                  {
                  get { return myInput0; }
                  set { myInput0 = Math.Max(1, value); }
                  }
                  */
                  Error:
                  public jrCotixCBasico jrCotixCBasico(Data.IDataSeries input, int myInput0, bool percent, bool plotComm, bool plotNonComm, bool plotOther)
                  {
                  checkjrCotixCBasico.MyInput0 = myInput0; // HERE THE ERROR

Comment

Please comment my snippet out like this below and it should compile -
                    Code:
                    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//[Description("")][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//[Category("Parameters")][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//public int MyInput0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//{[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// get { return myInput0; }[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// set { myInput0 = Math.Max(1, value); }[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//}[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

ˇit's ok! I can't understand why /* */ is not valid, although I don't matter. I'll post another question now.

thanks,
                      jr.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                      3 responses