Problems connecting to the license servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connecting to the license servers

Are your license servers up and running?

I do not have a firewall and other programs are accessing internet well. The connection was ok yesterday. I have not changed anything in my computer.

SG

I did a log file from the communication between my computer and your servers so it seems the connection is ok but the problem is elsewhere...

Where do you want me to send this log file?

It is an ascii file which is created by the "Wireshark" packets capture application.

SG

btw. I uninstalled the application and this is the information for the new install using license key which I do not know because I cannot get the program be runned to see/set the correct license key. The application crashes after showing the error message "Cannot connect to license server...".
    Last edited by ScalpGuy; 03-29-2010, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Hello SG,

There are no issue with our license servers.

Can you please re-enter your license key at Help-->License Key. Do you receive the error message again that the license could not be verified?

If so, it indicates NinjaTrader cannot connect to its license server to verify the license you have entered. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

NinjaTrader itself connects to standard web address via HTTP protocol through whatever port is defined for internet browsing on the target PC (Port 80 by default) to connect to its license server.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As I told (btw) I cannot access the software and check the license key because the program do a crash after giving that error message ("Cannot connect to license server"). So I cannot see the main screen and access the menus.

I can see from the TCP communication (captured packets) that the connect is done to your servers but it is something else in the communication which makes the situation. I do not know the protocol you use.

Also as I said I DO NOT HAVE ANY FIREWALLS IN HERE.

Everything was working ok during the week end but this morning I did not get in anymore (and late yesterday evening, night).

So do you want see those packets?

SG

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure how to interpret those packets.

NinjaTrader itself connects to standard web address via HTTP protocol through whatever port is defined for internet browsing on the target PC (Port 80 by default) to connect to its license server.

Comment

Yes. I can see the HTTP request done by the Ninja for your license servers and also I can see HTTP OK messages. But after few packets sent and received between the license server and my computer the Ninjatrader shows the error message and do a crash.

I installed everything 3 times but the problem still exists.

If you could give me somebody from your support who knows the protocol used in license check I am very sure this issue is solved very soon.

SG

Comment

Can you give me an instructions how to change the used license key (if the reason is bad license key) without starting the NinjaTrader ?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to change the license without starting the software.

However, I suggest to uninstall/re-install NinjaTrader as per the instructions below. You will save all settings.

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

You will now be prompted to enter your license again.

Comment

I have done this 3 times now

But I will do it again using your link.

SG

Comment

If the issue persists, please send me your latest log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Please reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100329.txt for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100329.txt for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

I sent those files for you.

SG

Comment

For some reason my emails do not go through. Here is what I received today:

---
                        This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
                        THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
                        YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
                        Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
                        [email protected]
                        ---

I will send this email from another mailbox lets see if it helps
                        (now the delivery was ok)

SG
                        Last edited by ScalpGuy; 03-30-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Hello SG,

Please see my response to the email we received. Unfortunately there were no attachments present.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          172 responses
                          0 likes