Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback (Market Replay) greyed out

Hi,

I seem to be having no end of problems with the Playback/Replay utility in NT8. I had many in NT7 which is why I moved to NT8.

It seems that when I connect to the Playback Connection, the playback control window appears. I select a start date and then I wait. I then try and select an end date but as soon as I click the dropdown for the end date, and the calendar appears, the control window greys out - permanently.

Prior to this I had connected to my main connection and downloaded the market replay data for the day in question and the two days either side - just to be sure.

This has worked previously. It just seems to be a lottery as to when this utility actually works.

I have attempted to attach a zip file containing a video to demonstrate what happens but that doesn't work either. It tells me that I haven't provided a security token.

Any idea how I can get the replay feature to work?

Thanks

Hello 5lim3r, thank you for posting to the forum.

Happy to assist. So that I may investigate your difficulties, please answer the following questions.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.9.0)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Also, I would like to view the video of your Playback Connection difficulties.

To send the video, you'll have to attach the zip file to an email to us. To do so, please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. In the body of the email, please ensure that you write, "ATTN Riley" and provide the support forum link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...reply&t=105171.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

The version is 8.0.9.0 64 bit.

I have replicated the test and taken a look at the log window. Nothing there suggests any errors. The log lines seem to be the same as if I connect to my sim connection.

There are no errors shown on screen. Nothing happens from then on in. Other windows are controllable. It's just the replay control window that is greyed out.

I'm going to take a new video with an expanded log window open. I will send that to the email address now.

Many thanks

Comment

I have expanded the video to show the entire process from start to finish. I guess you can just fast forward if you need to.

Email sent.

Thanks

Comment

Hello 5lim3r, thanks for your replies.

I received your email, however, there wasn't a video attached in the email itself.

I'll follow up with you directly in the email; I may request more information.

Comment

Hi

Thats strange. GMail is telling me it was sent as an attachment.

How about here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7z...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Hello 5lim3r, thank you for the post!

I was able to view the video this time, and I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. I had followed up with you with a few more items that I had requested through your email. Please reply that email so that I may assist further.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem - downloaded data for October - replay control grayed out for any date prior to October 19th.
                What's the fix for this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryA View Post
                  I have exactly the same problem - downloaded data for October - replay control grayed out for any date prior to October 19th.
                  What's the fix for this? Thanks.
                  Try restarting NT8.

And do you see data you downloaded in the My Documents\NT8\db\replay ?

Comment

Tried restarting several times. Yes, the data is in the folder. Thanks

Comment

Hello JerryA, thank you for writing in.

What 5lim3r experienced was because third party add-ons were causing NinjaTrader to freeze when the Playback Connection was established.

To troubleshoot, please test closing the workspace, connecting to Playback Connection, and then opening the workspace.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.

Comment

Hi - thought I would respond too just in case it helps.

Jerry - are you using Jigsaw by any chance? I guess it may happen for other 3rd party add-ons too i.e. ones that utilitse the tick data that you have downloaded.

Sometimes, when I connect to my playback connection, the replay control is greyed out for no reason. It's only when I then disconnect and then reconnect does it appear. I have no idea why it does this but I didn't raise it as a ticket as the workaround is easy

The other issue (which we resolved through this ticket and follow up email) is that, when the replay control appears, it is preset to a FROM and TO date. As soon as you try and change these dates, NT (and any 3rd party add-ons) will try and reload. In other words, they will reload and try and use the data you have downloaded.

In my case, I found the issue when I did the following:
                        Connect to playback connection
                        Change the start date
                        (click anywhere in the playback control to get it to reload using the new start date)
                        Click the end date box

THIS IS WHERE MINE WOULD GREY OUT. It greyed out because it was trying to reload a large amount of data into a 3rd party add on.

WHAT I DO NOW IS:

1. Download my data
                        2. Close my 3rd party add-ons/indicators
                        3. Connect to playback
                        4. Choose my FROM and TO dates
                        5. Click the play button (this doesn't play it, it just causes the big reload)
                        6. Once the reload has happened I then re-enable my 3rd party add ons
                        7. I can then click play and it all works

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin  
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes