Live trades not appearing in Positions tab but bogus trades showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live trades not appearing in Positions tab but bogus trades showing up

I'm auto trading 6 futures instruments overnight. My NT platform seems to have developed a few bugs but I can't reload the platform since I have a position on. What can I do to resolve this and what caused the problem?

1) The Positions tab and Chart Trader show my acct as Long 6B with a large loss but the Executions tab correctly shows me as having a Long offsetting a Short 6B position; i.e., flat. Also, the Strategies tab shows me as flat 6B.

2) Seperately, I'm currently short 6E and this is displayed correctly in the Executions and Strategies tabs but does not appear in the Positions tab or in the Chart Trader.

3) Platform bugs during live trading are unacceptable. This is why I left TradeStation. What's going on here? I can't just reboot 6 strategies when I have positions on.
    Last edited by bluelou; 10-16-2008, 12:06 AM.

Now I've exited what I believe to be my only correct position (the short 6E position), shut down my PC, and reopened NT. The NT Position tab now reads that I'm long both the 6E and 6B contracts when, in fact, I'm flat both contracts - as confirmed by the offsetting trades in the Executions and Orders tabs.

How do I get rid the bogus positions? My trading is basically shut down until I can get the bogus trades out of NT. (I guess the joke's on me for trying to auto-trade w/this platform.)

Comment

you should verify everything with your broker if you haven't already

Comment

I thought of that but Velocity's voice mail system isn't working properly. I can't get through to their night desk - I just get an option to leave a message.

Comment

Hello,
          In general, if the order is live:

Please contact your broker right away and have them flatten the order or manage it directly. Also, please shut down NinjaTrader and restart it. If the order is still there your broker is sending this information and you will need to wait until they reset their servers.

If the order is simulated:

Please go to: Tools> Options> Simulator tab> click Reset to reset your simulator.
          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben,
            The issue was resolved. According to Velocity sometimes there are errors in the communication b/t NT and XTrader. In order to remove the bogus trades someone at Velocity had to put dummy orders into XTrader and then I had to shutdown and restart NT.

-Lou

P.S. For you Velocity customers: As for why I couldn't get through to Velocity's night desk they are checking their phone system. The night desk only allows calls originating from the phone # associated w/your acct. They think they may have the wrong phone # or none at all for my account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Denver_Wayne  
            Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes