Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion

I have a suggestion I thought I would share. . .

With the new multi-series capabilities it is really nice what you can do w/ indicators and data series. It lends to the next step, and that is to add a data series to a chart possibly with the Panel property set to "0" (thus making it invisible)

A trader could then have their indicators use this data series for performing calculations, drawing plots, pivots, ohlc, etc.

for example: I prefer to see default 24/7 session bar data...but would like the OHLC and pivots to be calculated on Intra-Day data from the instrument's default session timings. . . and with 27/7 instrument sessions this data is not calculated correctly.

There are many instance where this ability to "hide" an underlying data series using the "panel" property would extend the flexibility of what we can do/see on our charts. For example, If I wanted to see just the 1 minute volume on a chart, and the 1 minute RSI - But did not want to see the actual bar data for the input series ...

Thanks for the consideration.
    Mark

Mark,

If you did not want to see the series you could try something like setting it to Line On Close and then setting the color to transparent.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      Mark,

If you did not want to see the series you could try something like setting it to Line On Close and then setting the color to transparent.
      That is a great suggestion except it would not work so well when I mix Tick/Volume and Time.

Comment

In those instances then you will have to program a multi-series indicator and just ignore the primary series completely in your code.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand. That is why it would be nice to have the ability to make it invisible. I would not have to write code to modify indicators that come with ninja...or from a third party

Thanks!
          Mark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM