Collapse

Market replay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xTrader1, thank you for the information. Jason is currently out, but will get back to you tomorrow.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello xTrader1,

Upon testing your Market Replay data, data remained on the same price (1.1896) for June 7th. It only started to create bars as per June 8th.

I tested it this morning using Market Replay data I downloaded and data was received as expected. Can you please proceed as follows.

While NinjaTrader is closed, please remove the 7/6 - 8/6 - 9/6 - 10/6 market replay folders at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data.

Start NinjaTrader and download Market Replay data for the dates you just deleted.

Subsequently connect to the Market Replay connection and set the From date to June 7th. Hit the Play button.

Create a new EURUSD chart and check if the chart receives data from June 7th 7 AM up to June 11th 7 AM.

This worked on my end while my PC clock was set to Jerusalem time.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So what you say is that my Market Reply data is worthless, since these are all the days I sent to you. So now the question arises - why ? It was recorded from a real time data feed. And even worse - how can I be sure the data recorded now is correct ?

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the Market Replay data for June 7th reported the same price the entire time. I am not sure why this is the case.

You can download Market Replay data to ensure you have correct data. Please see the link below under 'How to download replay data from the NinjaTrader server' for instructions.

Subsequently proceed as per post #17 and check if data is replayed as expected.

Comment

Suggestions:

1) please provide "NTM viewer" , may be as a separate utility.

2) I renew a request for an option to created market replay data during importing historical data. It should be very simple to implement.

Comment

xTrader1,

Thank you for your suggestions. Both of these are on our feedback list.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am getting a blank chart when I open a chart in market replay. I have several days recorded to choose from but charts are blank. How can I get it to work?

Comment

please note I am using version 6.5

Comment

I have the same problem in beta 20. My old replay data (ES etc) works fine but the data I recorded for OMX stocks this week doesn't work. I can see the NTM files in the data folder but nothing happens when I press play in MR. It just shows the charts from the day before the day I try to replay.

Mpe
                    Last edited by mpe66; 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Can you please right click the Market Replay control and select 'Available Data'. Subsequently check if the chart replays data for the times listed.

Check what session template is selected in the chart as well. I suggest to select the 'Default 24/7' template, so it will not exclude any data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                        Can you please right click the Market Replay control and select 'Available Data'. Subsequently check if the chart replays data for the times listed.

Check what session template is selected in the chart as well. I suggest to select the 'Default 24/7' template, so it will not exclude any data.
                        I see last weeks data in 'Available Data' but I can only replay Friday for some reason (not Monday-Thursday), and the data I recorded today also works. As long as it works from now on it's all good.

Mpe

Comment

Ok, so Monday through Thursday is listed under 'Available Data' as well? If so, please adjust the From date in the Market Replay recorder and you should be able to replay it as well.

Comment

Ok, so Monday through Thursday is listed under 'Available Data' as well? If so, please adjust the From date in the Market Replay recorder and you should be able to replay it as well.
                            Yes, last Monday through Today is listed but only Friday and today will play. That's what's strange. Of course I have tried adjusting the from date.

Comment

Can you please adjust the From date and subsequently open a new chart. Check if the new chart will replay data for the newly selected 'From date'.

Comment

Can you please adjust the From date and subsequently open a new chart. Check if the new chart will replay data for the newly selected 'From date'.
                                That didn't work but I just looked at the ntm files in the data folder and the ones from the days that don't work are only 1kb while Friday's and today's are like 150kb. So there's obviously something wrong with them. Do you have any idea why that might happen?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rodriguesdanny, 05-15-2024, 12:06 PM
                                9 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by Austiner87, Today, 11:19 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Austiner87