Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

*****critical warning to all users*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*****critical warning to all users*****

I just started using the strategies wizard with some ideas, as many of you have. I back tested them in different time frames/volume/range etc.... I decided which time frames and then I used the PERIODS TAB to determine what time of day was more advantageous for each strategy. To my surprise, the PERIODS TAB TELL WHEN THE TRADES ENDED, NOT STARTED!!!!!!

I cant help but think back at all the people who say the back test were good, but when I ran it............. Could this be the reason? Please know the PERIODS TAB WILL NOT BE USEFUL TO DETERMINE WHEN TU RUN A STRATEGY, ONLY TO TURN IT OFF !!!!!!!!!

san1313, thanks for the post - for the future we would appreciate if you can refrain from using caps, as it could be interpreted as 'shouting' which we want to avoid for optimal atmosphere in our forum community. Thanks.

You are correct in understanding, the closing time would matter as the closing execution would complate the trade. In your Graphs > Distribution tab though you could change the time base to either look at entry or exit periods and their performances.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by iceman2018, 04-27-2024, 05:07 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by adaisguy, Yesterday, 10:27 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes