Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Angle of a copied trend channel changes? bug fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angle of a copied trend channel changes? bug fix?

hi,

When I copy a trend channel, the angle of the copied channel is not the same as original? Is there any way to fix this? Attached below is an example:

thanks

Wx

Originally posted by wxtrox7 View Post
    hi,

When I copy a trend channel, the angle of the copied channel is not the same as original? Is there any way to fix this? Attached below is an example:

thanks

Wx
    Which video card are you using?

Comment

nvidia gforce 9800 GT

Comment

hi,

thanks

Wx
        That is because geometric angles on quantified scales are meaningless. The only thing that counts is that the slope as measured by the quantities, (i.e, rise/span) remains consistent. In other words, the visual slope is a function of the axes dimensions, and so will only be equal if the axes are identically scaled.
        Last edited by koganam; 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling.

Comment

I agree with koganam. Angles were a tool that was used with printed charts. With charting programs that have scalable charts - you can compress the NinjaTrader charts horizontally and vertically, it even autoscales charts - different bar types and timeframes, angles are meaningless.

If you want to use angles in your trading, you are coming 30 years late. In old times angles have been used as a proxy for momentum, now you can use a momentum or rate of change indicator. If you use momentum, you can compare that to volatility and you get the equivalent of an angle.

hi,

thanks

Wx

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
          5 responses