Collapse

AMP-CQG Charts no Sept 30 data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi This is a Ninja trader problem right? C&G is a history data provider,routing etc...... I can not work with broken data and y need weeks to restore omg! This not a C&G problem and trader needs correct data! I cannot wait weeks for data restor on platform. Its time to go other platform if this problem not quick solved. sorry for my English is not my native language

Comment

Hello,

If the data can be restored it would be restored with this weekends maintenance. If you need the data before then you would unfortunately need to subscribe to a premium data feed service to fill in the missing data as the historical data provided by NinjaTrader is provided as a value added service as a courtesy to our clients. Although we do our best to insure that the data is accurate we do not comb the data for consistency. For this you would need a service such as www.kinetick.com

You can connect to this at the same time as your broker connection in NinjaTrader.

-Brett

Comment

Hi Brett,

I do have DTN IQ as backup datafeed. You mention in your reply above that missing historical data can be added by using another datafeed. How can I do that? Can the Ninja database collect data from DTN IQ and then I can switch to CQG and all will look in the database as if never the failure was there of today - so no gaps in data?
        That would be great! Could you please outline the steps for me I need to take to accomplish this? Thanks In advance,

Comment

Thank you Brett, Jason and Bertrand. I appreciated NT's prompt response to this problem this morning (UK time). CQG were surly, and AMP seemed to be asleep until the US desk opened.

That this has happened before, and can't be immediately fixed isn't great, but I guess an example of getting what you pay for. So thanks again for your honesty, at least my broker/data feed choice for NT has been narrowed.

By the way, I have a teapot that I can lend you guys anytime you need it. The rate would be very reasonable. Its made of chocolate, but the chocolate is provided as a value added service, so that shouldn't be a problem

Comment

Hi

I had a problem that is probably caused by the same issue, but please would you confirm that?

My strategy did not process data even though live data was arriving (I think).

I had a strategy running on a 1 min chart of TF 12-12. During NZ Monday (US Sunday night) I checked that live data was arriving in the Orders tab of Control Center. The chart uses the RTH template so no new bars were being drawn on the chart (normal). The strategy starts looking for set-ups at the open of the TF cash session, which is at NZ night time, so I can't watch it working.

My live data connection is CQG and the log shows no connection issues. The log does show the NinjaTrader historical market data connection losses, but the connection was re-established before the TF session.

When I checked the chart near the end of the TF session, the chart had not updated and the strategy had done nothing, but live data was still arriving in the Control Center Orders tab.

I do not understand why live data can be arriving, but still the strategy does nothing. Is this caused by the NinjaTrader historical data issue?

Can I avoid the issue by running the strategy from the control center, i.e. not attached to a chart?

Cheers
            Tony

Comment

Tony,

No this is most likely is not related to any historical data issue.

If you had live data the strategy would run considering it is enabled/ green in the strategies tab/ and getting live data in the control center for the instrument.

I would suggest adding Prints() to the strategy to check if you are getting live data or not and if not what exactly are you seeing.

-Brett

Comment

Hi Brett,
                You may have overlooked my question in post 18 of this subject. Could you pleae reply? Thanks in advance.
                Westvleteren

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the repost.

To do this you would go to control center->tools->account connection and change the CQG connection. In the wizard turn Historical Data to Disabled.

Then connect to CQG first and DTN second, this will give you a setup of live data from CQG for futures and all historical data from DTN and any live data for stocks/forex/index's you need.

-Brett

Comment

Consideration

Sorry If I should not ask here.

2 questions please.

I just purchased a lifetime licence. I am in the process of segregating funds and am
                    looking for a new broker to go with Ninja. I was considering Amp because they
                    include the CQG data for charts. I use volume profiling and need correct data do
                    do this. Does Ninja think that the CQG data is to problematic to consider them. I
                    have read places that this is not really CQG but a data provider CQG lets use their name?

My second question is how or where do I load the latest version of Ninjatrader. I have looked and do not see how. After I got my live licence and changed to that I have been having problems opening Ninja. It would just say "Not Responding" and spin for ten minutes?

I never had this problem before putting in the new licence?

I am looking to choose a broker so I can use Ninja so any opinion on the first question as well as on the second would be great.

Thanks,
                    LV

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the post and welcome to NinjaTrader and the support forum.

On your first question with CQG you get live CQG data from CQG, then the historical data is provided from NinjaTrader data servers that record co located off that same live CQG feed.

On the second question you can download the latest version here.

Download link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

If that does not resolve the issue please email me your log and trace files to support and reference this forum post so that I may see what the hold up is.

NinjaTrader control center->help->mail to support and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

-Brett

Comment

Follow up

Hello Brett,

First thanks for the responce and welcome.

I know this may be hard to answer, however. I knew that Ninja as a service saved the data on their servers from the thread. The reason I asked the question was because of the post about missing data. Since I use Volume profiles as part of my methodology I can't have missing data because the profiles and composites I use would be wrong. According to the thread this seems to be a once a month issue and I read that there even was a point that the data was not corrected. As I said I was considering Amp because of the included CQG. However if the data is a problem I am leaning towards someone else with Kinetick as an option.

On the issue with my loading Ninja problem. As I said I get a "Not responding" message and sometimes it will load in ten minutes. If I go to the link you provided and do a download will I lose the charts I have built and saved?

I do not have a data provider yet. I am sure that this is not a problem because I did not have a problem opening Ninja before I bought the licence.

Thanks
                        Last edited by lordvortex; 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I have seen missing data happen on CQG very rarely and in the times that you see in this thread data was restored.

I do suggest that you do your due diligence on what data feed provider you in the end choose and check that the data is acceptable to you.

Furthermore I know that the team at Kinetick do comb and check over the data to insure data continuity. Kinetick is a premium data feed service and you can actually use kinetick with any broker you choose and can sign up at www.kinetick.com.

NinjaTrader gives you the ability to choose who you get your historical data from and who you get your live data from so you have options with NinjaTrader.

-Brett

Comment

Thanks Brett on the data question.

Did you happen to see the second question?

"On the issue with my loading Ninja problem. As I said I get a "Not responding" message and sometimes it will load in ten minutes. If I go to the link you provided and do a download will I lose the charts I have built and saved?

I do not have a data provider yet. I am sure that this is not a problem because I did not have a problem opening Ninja before I bought the licence."

Thanks

Comment

No you would not lose any data when you upgrade or reinstall with NinjaTrader.

If you still have problems after that let me know via the help->mail to support so I can take a look at logs and trace to see what is taking so long.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes