NinjaTrader Support Forum  

Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Installation and Licensing

Installation and Licensing Support for installation and licensing of NinjaTrader.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
gofortips

Default NinjaTrader instances on two PCs

I have two PCs and I want to run a licensed (payed) instance of NinjaTrader connected to my broker on one of the PCs. On the second PC I want to run a free instance of NinjaTrader to run strategy optimization on historical data.
Is it possible from the legal and technical point of view? Both PCs are connected to the same internet connection.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
NinjaTrader_PatrickH
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello gofortips,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to use two different NinjaTrader license keys on two different PCs at once. And you are free to use the Free Simulation License Key at anytime.

You will need to discuss with your broker/data feed provider if it is possible to connect to their datafeed from two PCs at one time, as NinjaTrader does not have access to account sensitive information.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
The following user says thank you to NinjaTrader_PatrickH for this post: