Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Miscellaneous Support

Miscellaneous Support Miscellaneous support issues.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
steve2222

Default What were you looking to achieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosxm View Post
Thanks for the answers, what I'm really looking for is an App that would allow to access NT from my phone in case the internet goes down or the PC crashes ....
Thanks
Nico
Hi Nicosxm,

What were you looking to achieve with this iPhone app?

If your internet goes down and/or the PC crashes, were you wanting someway to manage trades you are already in?

If so, depending on who your data provide/broker is there will often be a web site you can go to manage/place/cancel/modify orders real time on your live account.

For instance I use NT. Broker is Mirus and datafeed is ZenFire. ZF have a beta version of a web site for doing what I just mentioned (including an iPhone app version).

It is pretty rough and could be made a lot more user friendly (which they have been promising) but nothing has happened for 18 months.

EDIT: of course there is no charting with this. Just DOM's and order management.
Last edited by steve2222; 03-08-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
laredo78676

Default order app for cel lphone

how do i get informed about the cell phone as order entry tool please for nt7
Old 04-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
NinjaTrader_AdamP
NinjaTrader Customer Service

laredo,

Here are some links :

http://www.zweisteintrading.eu/ninja...biletrader.htm

www.ninjaterminal.com
Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
SnakeEYE

Hi Adam!Is Zweistein app worth it?How buggy it is?Can you comment on that?

Regards!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
NinjaTrader_Matthew
NinjaTrader Customer Service

We would not be able to comment on it, however perhaps maybe other users can share their experience.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
SnakeEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
We would not be able to comment on it, however perhaps maybe other users can share their experience.
Hi matthew,i was just wondering it it was the efforts to buy it.BTW,i didn`t find on their site any contacts info.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
Ellah

SnakeEye,
I have a friend who just emailed zweistein on his NTMT remote app.
My friend emailed him stating that he wanted to buy the app but needed some help in setting it up on the pc.

Zweistein replied:
"sorry , I have no time for helping out! Best regards"

WOW, I think I read from Zweistein's post in this thread that he was willing to help out...WOW

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am having great success with TeamViewer, and its FREE for private use only! I just told my friend to check it out as well. It's like having your home PC on my iPhone. No need to do all that mumbo jumbo security stuff that Zweistein's is not willing to help with.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

TeamViewer in my opinion, is far superior to any NT remote app!
Last edited by Ellah; 10-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.
The following 2 users say thank you to Ellah for this post:
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #23
nicosxm

Nice isn't ..???..... just don't bother buying 3rd party app and get NO service.....
The following 2 users say thank you to nicosxm for this post:
Old 10-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #24
Ellah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosxm View Post
Nice isn't ..???..... just don't bother buying 3rd party app and get NO service.....
YEAH, TEAMVIEWER the BEST.
Makes me love NinjaTrader that much more now, since I can do anything on my iPhone like it was my desktop.

No need to pay for those 3rd party remote apps that make you jump through hoops to get access to the NT platform only, just use teamviewer and get access to anything on your pc..

I can see and trade my NT charts, etc....see all my indicators and strategies like I am in front of my PC. I can trade on my DOM or chart trader...anything!

LOVE IT!
The following user says thank you to Ellah for this post:
Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #25
SnakeEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellah View Post
SnakeEye,
I have a friend who just emailed zweistein on his NTMT remote app.
My friend emailed him stating that he wanted to buy the app but needed some help in setting it up on the pc.

Zweistein replied:
"sorry , I have no time for helping out! Best regards"

WOW, I think I read from Zweistein's post in this thread that he was willing to help out...WOW

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am having great success with TeamViewer, and its FREE for private use only! I just told my friend to check it out as well. It's like having your home PC on my iPhone. No need to do all that mumbo jumbo security stuff that Zweistein's is not willing to help with.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

TeamViewer in my opinion, is far superior to any NT remote app!
Hi Ellah,

thanks for the idea,but how do you use it?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #26
Ellah

SnakeEYE,
The best way to learn how to use it is to actually download it on your PC and on your iPhone/Android.
I have it set to be running in background of my PC all the time, and whenever I need to, I just open my iPhone app and I can see my monitor(s) just like i am in front of my pc. I can move the cursor, open files, right click, left click expand, minimize....I can do anything on my iPhone that I can do with my mouse on my pc.....nothing better!

hope this helps!
BTW, its FREE
Unlike the "jumping through hoops" NTMT with all the computer tech talk that comes with it and unwillingness from the vendor to help, TeamViewer is so easy....TeamViewer folks will jump over backwards to get you up and going on the FREE version...yes, the FREE version....
Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #27
SnakeEYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellah View Post
SnakeEYE,
The best way to learn how to use it is to actually download it on your PC and on your iPhone/Android.
I have it set to be running in background of my PC all the time, and whenever I need to, I just open my iPhone app and I can see my monitor(s) just like i am in front of my pc. I can move the cursor, open files, right click, left click expand, minimize....I can do anything on my iPhone that I can do with my mouse on my pc.....nothing better!

hope this helps!
BTW, its FREE
Unlike the "jumping through hoops" NTMT with all the computer tech talk that comes with it and unwillingness from the vendor to help, TeamViewer is so easy....TeamViewer folks will jump over backwards to get you up and going on the FREE version...yes, the FREE version....
im replying you via the app..aahhahah

thanks,but how about security?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #28
Ellah

Here is a quote from their web page on security:

TeamViewer is a highly secure remote maintenance solution. Your connections are established via fully encrypted data channels using 1024-bit RSA key exchange and 256-bit AES session encoding.

TeamViewer underwent a security-related inspection by the German FIDUCIA IT AG (an operator of data processing centers for around 800 German banks) and has been approved for use at bank workstations.

The German GAD eG (operator of data processing centers for around 450 German banks) verified security-related aspects for TeamViewer. The use of TeamViewer at bank workstations (WinXP) has been approved.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/product...tecontrol.aspx
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #29
SnakeEYE

Ok,thanks.How do you get the scroll,btw?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #30
Ellah

scroll?
i am assuming scrolling down on the phone?
i just move my finger down on my iphone...if i want to enlarge, i just use 2 fingers to pinch out...