Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Strategy Analyzer

Strategy Analyzer Support for automated system backtesting and optimization using the NinjaTrader Strategy Analyzer.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
user_456

Default Back-test multiple strategies simultaneously?

Is there a way to test more than one strategy on a single instrument simultaneously or in a way that let's me see if two strategies step on each other?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
NinjaTrader_AdamP
NinjaTrader Customer Service

user,

If you run two strategies on the same account and same instrument, you will most likely get account position vs. strategy position syncing issues. The easiest way to do this is to test on 2 different accounts. If you are using sim accounts, you can go to Tools > Options > Simulator and create a second sim account.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm

If its a live account, I would recommend opening a second account for this purpose.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
user_456

Thanks for the info. I actually WANT to identify any syncing issues. In other words, I'm trying to identify if two strategies run simultaneously on the same instrument "step" on each other. So if I CAN backtest two strategies on the same instrument at the same time, please let me know how to do it. Thanks..
Old 04-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
NinjaTrader_AdamP

user,

The only way to do this would be through market replay or in walk forward testing. If you want to conduct the experiment, just let the two strategies run on the same account and same instrument.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
jngrim

Hi, I am looking to test 2 seperate systems as well. I cant select the other sim acount in the DOM so in order to test 2 different strategies....
IS there a way to do this?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
NinjaTrader_Brett

Hello,

Are you on a simulation license which is why you cannot select the other account? To select the other account would require a live license even though you are switching to another simulation account.

Please contact sales at ninjatrader dot com to get more information on signing up for NT if you need to use the multiple sim accounts to test multiple strategies.

-Brett
Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
jngrim

I have a full lifetime license..and the account portion is greyed out.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
NinjaTrader_Brett

Hello,

Thanks for clarification.

Got it, in this case go to control center-> uncheck global simulation mode.

You would now be able to change the account selection to another Sim account you create via control center->tools->options->simulator tab->accounts button.

-Brett