X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac users check this out "codeweaver's crossover"

HTML Code:
    http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=9706
    code weavers is more than willing to build the structure for ninjatrader 7 if they have the demand to do so, i have set up a "compatility request" now it just needs votes, which means signing in or singing up to their forum and clicking the vote button in the lower right corner.

I think this is the proper way to show support for NT on the Mac platform. Unfortunately the Crossover web site requires that you already own Crossover before you can vote for this harness... kind of "chicken and egg" as most people want to see it running before they buy Crossover.

Comment

I have voted for NT7 !

I'm already using Crossover for MT4 but and it will be great to have it working with NT7 too !
      Last edited by sparken; 12-07-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

MacBook Pro

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right post to reply to. However, The Apple software is growing in an ever increasing demand. The main reason I picked one up was for the functionality of having my iPhone, iPad, and now my Mac being able to "Talk" to each other. Second to that was the security features and the stringent protocols required so as to avoid viruses and other nasty little computer bugs.

That Said, Your product comes highly recommended multiple sites and I'm racking my brain to try and figure out how to download your product onto my mac. All I'm coming back with is that I have to download another type of software so that I can run Microsoft Windows. Of course this opens doors that I wanted to avoid which is a primary reason why I bought the Mac to begin with.

You see my dilemma? I'm sure there are many people that would just download the other software but I can promise you that they aren't happy about having to do it. I personally am Not going to download it. And it saddens me that I am restricted from using your platform simply because I have a Mac. Please tell me that you guys are building this for the mac as well? Otherwise, you can't really call it "Racist" but maybe "OSists?" lol segregation based on operating systems. No one is going to blame Apple. People will blame the product and the company who built it for not providing it in a format that all consumers can use.

Hope to hear back with good news!!

Comment

Hello TradingTurtle,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is a Windows application which relies on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System. While our development team has been primarily concerned with NinjaTrader 8 in the past few years a Mac specific version of NinjaTrader is something which is being considered for the future. I will forward your comments to our development team for further consideration.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TradingTurtle View Post
            Hi,

Not sure if this is the right post to reply to. However, The Apple software is growing in an ever increasing demand. The main reason I picked one up was for the functionality of having my iPhone, iPad, and now my Mac being able to "Talk" to each other. Second to that was the security features and the stringent protocols required so as to avoid viruses and other nasty little computer bugs.

That Said, Your product comes highly recommended multiple sites and I'm racking my brain to try and figure out how to download your product onto my mac. All I'm coming back with is that I have to download another type of software so that I can run Microsoft Windows. Of course this opens doors that I wanted to avoid which is a primary reason why I bought the Mac to begin with.

You see my dilemma? I'm sure there are many people that would just download the other software but I can promise you that they aren't happy about having to do it. I personally am Not going to download it. And it saddens me that I am restricted from using your platform simply because I have a Mac. Please tell me that you guys are building this for the mac as well? Otherwise, you can't really call it "Racist" but maybe "OSists?" lol segregation based on operating systems. No one is going to blame Apple. People will blame the product and the company who built it for not providing it in a format that all consumers can use.

Hope to hear back with good news!!
            Just save yourself from waiting for forever - and buy a $700 laptop and you'll be fine in NT. That's what I did in 2008. If you are that paranoid, don't install any thing or visit any websites other than NT (I have a few Windows machines now that are as such.)

MAC has been "increasing in demand" for a long time. But just never gets there.

Why not blame Apple? They should license and install Windows .NET framework and get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by TradingTurtle View Post
              Hi,

Second to that was the security features and the stringent protocols required so as to avoid viruses and other nasty little computer bugs.
              unsupported WINE install. Read everything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
              118 responses
              1 like
              Last Post kevinenergy  
              Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post briansaul