Collapse

Ib 906.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ju1234, please see our 'sticky' regarding an explantion of the current situation - this is an acknowleged TWS bug that would show up when having a client connected through the API - we're unfortunately not in the position to fix the IB API (it would happen with other clients than NT as well).
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

906.9 upgrade until IB's next forced TWS desupport

ju1234 just importing asupported *.jar file to old 906.8 version as a workaround:

<snip>...Anyone need TWS 906.9, you can download from
      http://rapidshare.com/files/436164764/jts906-9.jar (thanks guys)

Lost my post but to restate..... download this thing and save to temp or default documents/downloads directory (need to sign up and wait in quene if you dont want to pay for the fileserve usage; after they email you a log in credential)

rename your old C;\jts\jts.jar file to "jts906`8.old" or something.

Go to your downoad directory and resave the downloaded jts906.9.jar "save as" or move "jts.jar" (renamed) to your C:\jts directory
      The guys like Tshirt, fost & greg (SP sorry) ect say it works fooling 906.8 as a 906.9 to workaround starting TWS post desupport date 12/14 and will make your old 906.8 work like a 906.9 supported version as far as IB is concerned. I will try to tommorrow as I have only mornings and been reading forum too much eheeheh

Nice to hear that NT7 wont lose my history (for the first time IN HISTORY<G>) and thanks for that; although I dont know why I need all those bad memories/trades LOL going back to 6.1

Been buzy so havent tried it yet but going on stellar reps of "Tshirt Gregg and Fosi (sp appoligies guys)

Happy holiday/ trading 2011

Comment

But 906.9 has already been disabled too!

Thanks Trymph,

I really don't understand the whole process of these file things. 906.9 is no longer working anyway. So, if this fix is only converting 906.8 to 906.9 then it is not much use. Can this file copying thing get around the IB's block on turning on the TWS platform through 906.9? Thanks.

Comment

The fix works, Thanks guys, here is details

The Fix tshirt and others suggested works. Here is what I did. Went back to 906.8 from 907.7 (downloaded 906.8 replacing the 907.7). Searched for file jts.jar, found it in c:/jts/ . Moved this file from this folder to desktop (or you can just delete it, if you run into problems you can rrun your 906.8 again). Dobleclicked my TWS40 icon to run TWS. That confirmed that it no longer worked because jts.jar file is missing.

Now I downloaded the jts906-9.jar from rapidshare site. Went into windows explorer, into jts folder and copied this file to jts folder. Ran the TWS again. It did not work, so went back into jts folder, renamed the jts906-9.jar to jts.jar, so now the executable file is same name as the original file that is jts.jar but the origin of this file is from the 906.9 and not from 906.8.

Ran the TWs again. It came up as version 906.9 and works and the problems i was having are cured, of course untill IB stops supporting the 906.9.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            ju1234, please see our 'sticky' regarding an explantion of the current situation - this is an acknowleged TWS bug that would show up when having a client connected through the API - we're unfortunately not in the position to fix the IB API (it would happen with other clients than NT as well).
            NinjaTrader_Bertrand:

I opened a ticket with IB and was informed that version 914 (currently beta in Java only) will resolve these problems. Can you confirm that is the case?

Comment

We will evaluate official TWS 914 as it's out and then let you know as soon as possible. If it would be working, we then would amend NT to make the auto start feature working as well (in case code changed would be required).

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                We will evaluate official TWS 914 as it's out and then let you know as soon as possible. If it would be working, we then would amend NT to make the auto start feature working as well (in case code changed would be required).
                I am less concerned about the autostart function than the following two issues that were only resolved by reverting to 906.8 (with the 906.9 jts.jar file manually copied):

1. Inaccurate position information in NT when connected to an IB advisor account
                2. Inoperative toggling between sub accounts in TWS when NT is connected

These two issues are profoundly important for those that trade multiple accounts, and has led to many of us to use a rather tedious workaround.
                Last edited by acestwd; 01-18-2011, 10:52 AM. Reason: typographical error

Comment

That is correct. We all are are waiting for IB to address those issues in TWS. If they are finally addressed with TWS 914 then we will proceed as per below and tweak NT (if needed).

Comment

It looks like TWS 913, for friends/family accounts, still does not tell NT that a position has been initiated?

When i launch an ATM strategy, it seems to work ok
                    But if i launch a position from NT strategy, with stop/target, it doesnt' work. Seems that NT doesnt learn of the position.
                    If I do it with SIM001, no problem. Or if i do it with TWS Paper account, it works.

Comment

Frustrating, isn't it? What's worse, NT customer support only offers one solution: wait for IB to fix the problem.

Three FACTS for your consideration:

1. IB is the broker that many NT customers choose to use.

2. NT is an add-on product meant to function with IB TWS and other online broker platforms that have the API capability.

3. This has been an issue since at least July 8, 2010, when TWS version 906.9 was released. I know this because I have tried every version from 906.9 through 913.6, including 911.3, which NT names as the "supported" version.

IMHO, NT should be actively working to solve this problem.

Comment

IB officially released TWS 914. I just tested it: API wise it's looking good, meaning I could not encounter any issues (this is to be expected, as IB keeps the API stable. so this was just a cross check). Auto-start is fine too.

However, I'm confused about the original issue with the combo box. Since I'm no expert with TWS I could not tell if the issue now is resolved or not. Could someone who actively uses the IB FA feature please test and let us know?

In case the TWS issue ultimately would be resolved, we would make that version with the next NT update the officially supported one.

Thanks in advance

Comment

IB Financial Advisor

Hi,

how is it now NinjaTrader support of pre-trade allocation profile in TWS for advisor accounts?
                          Can we specify in NT the TWS pre-configured allocation profile to use?

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot do any testing as I am no longer leasing an NT license. Please let me know if you get everything working between NT and TWS 914. If all issues are resolved, I would definitely consider purchasing an NT license again.
                            Last edited by acestwd; 02-05-2011, 12:35 PM. Reason: added a thought.

Comment

Ninja

I have tried latest TWS 914.5 and still IB FA account issue is not resolved. I have to move back to TWS 906.9. I am really concerned about the way this issue is handled by Ninja.

Comment

Thanks for checking and for your feedback. Sorry to hear that IB still has not fixed the issue.

I'm not exactly sure what your expectation in that regard would be. As expressed in various posts below:
                                a) we pointed out that the issue is beyond our control
                                b) we tried to push IB hard multiple times to get it resolved to no avail

We are in the same position as you: unfortunately we needed to wait until IB finally would resolve the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post wzgy0920  
                                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post wzgy0920