Ib 906.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gregiii View Post
    Contacted IB support again, was told all I can download is what on their web page now. Dierk, really hope you can get TWS 908 from them. I am getting worried now.

Anyway you can ask NT user community to give you a TWS 908. All we need is that jts.tar file.
    gregiii,

I am using TWS 906.9. Is all you need the jts.jar file and not the full install? I do not have the full install file, but I would be happy to post the jts.jar file. Let me know.

Ninja,
    I have not experienced any issues iwth TWS 906.9, are there any that I should be aware of? Thanks.

fosch

Comment

Originally posted by fosch View Post
      gregiii,

I am using TWS 906.9. Is all you need the jts.jar file and not the full install? I do not have the full install file, but I would be happy to post the jts.jar file. Let me know.

Ninja,
      I have not experienced any issues iwth TWS 906.9, are there any that I should be aware of? Thanks.

fosch

Yes, all I need it jts.jar. Very much appreciated if you can post it.

Comment

TWS 906.9 jts.jar file

Originally posted by gregiii View Post
        Yes, all I need it jts.jar. Very much appreciated if you can post it.
        gregiii,

Well, I tried. But Ninja limits the size of file attachments to less than 1 MB. The jts.jar file is 25 MB. Zipping the file did not help.

Ninja? Another way?

fosch

Comment

Originally posted by fosch View Post
          gregiii,

Well, I tried. But Ninja limits the size of file attachments to less than 1 MB. The jts.jar file is 25 MB. Zipping the file did not help.

Ninja? Another way?

fosch

I just send you a private message and an email with my email address.

Comment

I would just use a file sharing service to exchange the jar.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I got TWS 906.9 jts.jar file from fosch. Thanks again fosch.

For anyone who needs this file just send me a private message I'll be more than happy to email you this file.

Once you got this file, just rename your old jts.tar file to jts906-8.tar or something, then put this new file into C:\jts directory. It works for me. Note I have installed 907, 910, 911, all of which have this API bug. Can not find 908 yet.

So just replace jts.tar file should buy you some time before IB decides to pull it off again, which I believe is only a few weeks away since 906-8 and 906-9 are only a few weeks away from each other.

Dierk, hope you guy can have time to fix this problem soon. or hope TWS 914 can fix this problem.

Comment

Please see my posts below: This is an acknowledged TWS issue which is beyond our control.

Comment

Anyone need TWS 906.9, you can download from
                  http://rapidshare.com/files/436164764/jts906-9.jar

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    IB support confirmed that TWS 908 would not exhibit that issue.............
                    Dierk

Here is 908. .

But still the same API bug. Looks like starting 907 this bug was introduced and stayed ever since for last 5-6 months. Tell you how much IB support knows their business

Now I know it is IB's bug, but please NT needs to and can work with IB much more effectively to solve this bug. NT has lots of users and has much bigger voice.

Thanks

Comment

906.9 jts file from rapidshare

Thanks fosch & gregii I had to sign up and await an email from rapidshare to get the file with a reasonable waiting time to use it for free. Downloaded your "jts906-9.jar" file. I presume I can just throw it in my \c:jts directory renaming it "jts.jar" after renaming the old jts.jar---->jts906.8.old or whatever. Havent tried it yet but I ran across my old boy scout manual and found the "be prepared" part<g>

I agree with previous posts in this thread about NT doing best to have the oldest/supported IB TWS version available for download as was (to my great relief the last IB TWS decommission forced upgrade to 906.8 from http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php.)

I'll check for downloading prior to upgrading with fosch & greggii's download from the rapidshare. Still using 6.5 here and resistant to change/upgrade NT 7.0 as I hate losing my trading records & account summary. Although I think I read that the trading records are now NOT lost with 6.5---->7.x upgrade

Thanks to all
                      Regards & Happy holidays w/PROSPEROUS 2011 trading to come
                      Bruce

Comment

I'm Running NT 7 last non-beta release with IB 906.8 TWS

I am a little lost on what I have to do here after reading all the posts... Any help is appreciated as the best way to go...

Thanks,
                        R.T.

Comment

Hi Bruce, your trade history and performance data would be migrated into NT7 if you desire so - http://www.ninjatrader.com/migration-guide-v7.php

Comment

Originally posted by tshirtdeal View Post
                            I'm Running NT 7 last non-beta release with IB 906.8 TWS

I am a little lost on what I have to do here after reading all the posts... Any help is appreciated as the best way to go...

Thanks,
                            R.T.
                            R.T. for now the 906.8 is good to use, the next NT7 upgrade would support 911 then - the TWS bug raised in the last posts in this thread concerning the FF / FA account structure is at the moment still investigated by IB I believe, we will post here if we get an update from them on the matter.

Comment

I just contacted the Installation Support people at IB and they say they are unable (I interpret as unwilling) to provide an unsupported version of TWS. The versions that are currently supported are 911 and 912 which have the account locking error. ARGH !!

Comment

Thx, Fosch and Gregiii for your help in getting us back up and running. Hopefully, we will have a fully operational AND supported version of TWS soon. At least now I know to back up the JTS.jar file BEFORE attempting any future upgrades.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                                47 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jaybedreamin