NinjaTrader Support Forum  

Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Suggestions and Feedback > Suggestions And Feedback

Suggestions And Feedback New feature suggestions and feedback.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Day Trading Fool

Default Rectangles drawn in 2nd panel

HI,

I have been highlighting items in panel 2 on some charts (in my case it is is displaying up/down volume and a volume based MA) and I have noticed that the rectangles that I draw are showing up on the 2nd panel after I change the chart's instrument. When I delete the rectangle on the new instrument, it is gone when I switch to the original instrument.

I attached the chart template I am using.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Default.zip (3.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Jason
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello Day Trading Fool,

Can you please clarify where you drew the rectangles initially. Am I correct you drew them in panel 1?

I imported your chart template on my end and drew 2 rectangles in panel 1. Subsequently I switched instruments and no rectangles were displayed at all. Once I switched back to the initial instrument, the rectangles appeared at the same location as they were drawn.

Can you please tell me what exact steps you perform when you experience such an issue. Are you able to reproduce it after a restart of NinjaTrader?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Day Trading Fool

I am drawing them in panel 2.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
NinjaTrader_Jason
NinjaTrader Customer Service

This is expected behavior. Drawing objects will remain to be displayed in the Indicator panel upon switching instruments.