NT7 b20 Pivots do not return values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    Harry, thanks for providing the snippet - looking into it now.
    Hi Bertrand, could you reproduce the problem?

Comment

This is simply a race condition for the async nature of the scenario you have. When you are connected the loading of data is simply not fast enough to be done before the calculations thus you end up with 0 as your values. When you are not connected and everything is off the repository it is able to grab values earlier and actually get that done for some historical bars. It is simply not fast enough to be able to grab it for historical bars when connected, but it will work on real-time events that come up afterwards once everything gets done.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How shall I handle that? I know three other traders who have a problem with this specific issue, strategies not running, charts not being displayed. What would you suggest to make it work?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
        This is simply a race condition for the async nature of the scenario you have. When you are connected the loading of data is simply not fast enough to be done before the calculations thus you end up with 0 as your values. When you are not connected and everything is off the repository it is able to grab values earlier and actually get that done for some historical bars. It is simply not fast enough to be able to grab it for historical bars when connected, but it will work on real-time events that come up afterwards once everything gets done.

Comment

An easy way to beat the async nature of things is pushing the scenario to be a more "synced" scenario by using HLCCalculationMode.CalcFromIntradayData instead.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am aware of this, but this results in false pivots, as the settlement price is only available from daily data. So how can I access the correct pivots in DailyBars mode? Besides, I have a number of other indicators that use daily data and suffer from the same problem.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            An easy way to beat the async nature of things is pushing the scenario to be a more "synced" scenario by using HLCCalculationMode.CalcFromIntradayData instead.

Comment

Harry, one way would be using a Pivots indicator that uses the MultiSeries concept, thus not running into the async series loading issues.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes