Zenfire connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. Good to know. I just sent this email to the ICE Help Desk. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

"Hi, Guys

Hope you're having a good morning. I'm a futures trader out in California and I trade the TF contract mainly. I use the NinjaTrader software and it's fed with the Zen-Fire feed. This morning around 10 AM EST the data for TF locked up. And this lasted about 5 minutes. I have charts up for TF as well as NQ, YM, and ES, and the data for these other contracts wasn't affected. And I also have a trading module where the data locked up for TF too. My broker informed me there were problems with the TF data feed from you guys this morning. Is that right? I was trying to figure out where the source of the problem was. There have been issues lately with the data feed from Zen-Fire. Obviously frozen data doesn't work for a trader. Glad I wasn't in any trades at the time. Fortunately I had just closed my 7 contract trade, more than usual, a few minutes before this.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Bruce"
    This is the response I received from ICE. Guess there was a disruption. Looking at my charts the data from 10:03 AM EST to 10:05 AM EST is missing. So I guess that's when the disruption occurred. I had just exited my long trade at 6:54 AM at 601.5 and it dropped 7 points from there. Good thing I was able to close it.

Bruce,
    There was a brief disruption around that time for Multicast data. If you are still experiencing any issues please contact your data provider or the helpdesk via number below.
    Thanks!

Paul Murphy - Senior Operations Support
    IntercontinentalExchange | ICE
    2100 RiverEdge Pkwy | 5th Floor | Atlanta, GA 30328
    Fon: 770.857.2488 | Fax: 770.951.5481
    24 hr. helpdesk 770.738.2101
    www.theice.com
    Last edited by bce111; 08-28-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

My TF charts froze around 9:49 am this morning. I disconnected/connected back to Zenfire and it seems fine thereafter. Anybody else experienced this?

Comment

Hi,
        cannot believe this, just was told by my broker that TT doesn't give data for NT on charts ?? What the heck, not sure why they didn't mention that when I asked for a commission quote only on TF and ES !!
        Oh well, life goes on.

Two things, one I need to see if NT will swap over my license key to Zen Fire (paid for a quarter only used a week) ?

Also how has Zen Fire been working lately ? Seems to suck that my commission bases will go up nearly a dollar to use a service that locks, but guess there isn't an alternative if TT won't let me chart TF ?

Thanks,
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andy4 View Post

Two things, one I need to see if NT will swap over my license key to Zen Fire (paid for a quarter only used a week) ?

Thanks,
          Andy

Hi Andy, we can regenerate your license and make it compatible for Zen-Fire. Just send a note to sales at ninjatrader dot com with your license and the request to change to Zen-Fire.
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome, thank you guys, calling broker now to see whats up.

Thanks,
            Andy

Comment

Today's Problems

I downloaded the new version of NT6.5 a few hours ago and installed it. I just logged back in and the Zen-Fire feed keeps disconnecting. Not sure what's up. My internet connection is fine. It locked up several times while trying to update my charts and the connection was lost. And it's not trying to reestablish a connection.

Now I have it open again and the feed doesn't seem right. In the SuperDom TF registers the high of the day at 631.7 which it's obviously not. Maybe I should have kept the older version which I may reinstall. Do I have to uninstall the version I have first and will I lose all of my historical trade data? Thanks.

Now it says it's connected but it's not updating data. Ongoing. Getting old.
              Last edited by bce111; 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Can you send a note to support referring to this post so we can mail you directly.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

More Zen-Fire Issues Today

Talking to other traders there have been issues with the Zen-Fire feed again this morning. I wasn't trading earlier, but when I did try to log on it locked up and then after quite some time loaded the data. But now it's just showing the bid/ask entries in the SuperDOM window and no other levels. I have to go but will be back later to see what's up. Thanks.

Comment

I'm able to connect to Zen from v7 beta 21, but data appear to have stopped flowing. I have DTN IQFeed as well driving another charting application, and Zen and IQFeed don't agree. Is this a general problem with Zen, or is it limited to v7?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeInMA View Post
                      I'm able to connect to Zen from v7 beta 21, but data appear to have stopped flowing. I have DTN IQFeed as well driving another charting application, and Zen and IQFeed don't agree. Is this a general problem with Zen, or is it limited to v7?
                      This is a general network issue with the network hosting company that manages the Zen-Fire network. This issue is independent from NinjaTrader. As of this post, we have been informed that the problem has been resolved.
                      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My charts still aren't updating. So unless that resolution is something that has to propagate, I'd say the problem has not been resolved. (And this is after shutting Ninja down and restarting.) Please stay in contact with the Zen-Fire folks about this.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                          This is a general network issue with the network hosting company that manages the Zen-Fire network. This issue is independent from NinjaTrader. As of this post, we have been informed that the problem has been resolved.
                          still not working here...

Comment

This issue has not been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
                              This issue has not been fixed.
                              Same here Still not working

Comment

Just had a quick live chat with Zen-Fire, and they confirmed there's still a problem. I didn't press them for all the gory details, just wanted that confirmation. Should be resolved "soon."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post usazencort  
                                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes