Data.MarketData.StartNow Exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data.MarketData.StartNow Exception

I received the following exception while I was running the Strategy Analyzer:
    Data.MarketData.StartNow: exception caught: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'NGG0' Key being added: 'NGG0'

I was running the strategy analyzer on the 6E instrument but obtained the error on the NG instrument.

Restarted NT7B6 several times while still getting the error once the NG02 data started to load.

I removed the NG02 chart and rebuilt it and the error went away.

Is this something I need to be concerned with?

I was also unable to execute the Strategy Analyzer while this error was present.

Gary

Hmm ... we fixed something related before NT7B6. Please let us know as the issue comes up again on a fresh chart. Thanks

Comment

I will be working with the Strategy Analyzer this week so I will know whether or not it repeats and let you guys know.

Comment

Great, thanks

Comment

Dierk,
          Hate to say this but I just got this error once again from a fresh screen.
          I have made sure my anti virus has excluded this directory.
          Weird thing this time, the NG price action on the chart stopped for a minute then returned to normal but the DOM still has no data.
          Gary

Comment

Could you please provide exact steps to reproduce? Thanks

Also:
            - you are on ZenFire no?
            - you have NG on your instrument list? Which exchange?

Comment

Dierk,
              I am on Zen-Fire, NG 02-10 Nymex
              This is what I did this morning to obtain this error:
              1. Opened new NG 02-10 3 Range Chart
              2. did other stuff - viewing only
              3. Changed NG2-10 Chart to 6 Range
              4. Chart stopped working
              5. Saw error in Log
              6. Changed DOM from CL 02-10 to NG 02-10, No data, empty DOM
              I have received this error 3 times this morning in my log file.

Comment

Did you add NG 02-10 Nymex to your default list and select it from there as you opened a chart and switched instruments later? Thanks

Comment

No, NG 02-10 has been in my intrument list for about a month, when it changed from 01 to 02

Comment

Ok, please remove it from your default list and add it as Nymex and open a chart from there. Does the issue persist?

Comment

OK, this is what happened this time.
                      • Removed NG 02-10 from Instrument Manager
                      • Closed NG 02-10 Chart
                      • Closed NT7B6
                      • Opened NT7B6
                      • Connected to Zen-Fire
                      • Opened Instrument Manager
                      • Added NG 02-10 , Nymex
                      • Created 6 Range NG 02-10 Chart
                      • Changed DOM to NG 02-10
                      • Everything workes fine at this point
                      • Entered sim trade on DOM
                      • Cancelled entry
                      • No errors in Log
                      • Changed chart from 6 Range to 3 Range
                      • Chart stopped working
                      • Looked in log file and the error was back

Comment

Excellent. I could reproduce. This is a bug which will be fixed with next update. Thanks for reporting.

Comment

You guys are awesome!
                          Appreciate your help.

Gary

Comment

Key in dictionary exception with beta 17

I can now reproduce this error on my machine anytime using following steps. This error occurred with NG Nymex exchange with beta 17. Here are my steps to reproduce:
                            • Install NT 7 fresh
                            • Leave NT 7 disconnected from Zen-Fire
                            • Add NG ##-## to Default Instrument list via Instrument Manager
                            • Import historical data from file "NG ##-##.txt" (in my case its from 2006 thru 2008 data) - choose Generate 'Minute' bars from imported tick data. Used local time zone of imported data (UTC -08:00) Pacific time as my txt data file was all specified in local time.
                            • Pull up new chart of "NG ##-##" with Renko 5 for example, change days to show as 1/1/2000 thru 12/31/2008 (should display data from 2006 thru 2008 if you had that much data in your txt file). Everything looks fine at this point.
                            • Close chart (or you can leave it open - either way leads to same exception below)
                            • Connect to Zen-Fire
                            • Pull up new chart of "NG ##-##" with Renko 5. NinjaTrader has detected a problem dialog pops up with the below Exception:

Code:
                            2010-06-22 13:41:30:836 (Zen-Fire Live RCG JD) Hosted.Unmanaged.Callbacks.Alert: connection=1 alertType=6 code=7 msg='The subscription to this instrument has been aborted.  Dependent network services and/or data were not available.'
                            2010-06-22 13:41:59:956 (Zen-Fire Live RCG JD) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='NG ##-##' from='2000-01-01' to='2008-12-31 23:59:59' period=1 Tick splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Nymex Energy RTH'
                            2010-06-22 13:41:59:957 in OnUnhandledThreadException
                            2010-06-22 13:41:59:958 ********* exception trapped *********
                            2010-06-22 13:41:59:958 Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '11/26/2004 12:00:00 AM'  Key being added: '11/26/2004 12:00:00 AM'
                            2010-06-22 13:41:59:958    at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
                               at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
                               at NinjaTrader.Server.Client.Request(Bars bars)
                               at NinjaTrader.Data.Bars.GetBarsNow()
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
                               at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
                               at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
                               at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                               at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
                            2010-06-22 13:42:00:094 (Zen-Fire Live RCG JD) Hosted.Unmanaged.Callbacks.Alert: connection=1 alertType=6 code=7 msg='The subscription to this instrument has been aborted.  Dependent network services and/or data were not available.'
                            JD

Comment

JD, would you mind sharing your NG ##-##.txt data file so we can try reproducing this issue on our end? It looks like this could be date specific, so just any data might not create the exception. If you don't want to post it on the forum, you can email it to support at ninjatrader dot com attn: thread 24594, ticket 332538. Thank you.
                              AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ezrollin, 02-26-2022, 11:14 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kenz987
                              by kenz987

Started by futtrader, 04-27-2024, 01:16 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post futtrader  
                              Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, 04-09-2024, 09:52 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                              Started by marinam, Today, 03:45 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post marinam
                              by marinam

Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Today, 03:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero