|07-12-2007, 06:08 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , ,
Thanked 0 times in 0 posts
I'm trying to develop an indicator to use in a Market Analyzer that simply will display the average trade in the contract's native currency. Using the column names in Market Analyzer that would be Realized PnL divided by Traded Contracts. With posibly having an input option to include Unrealized PnL.
If I use Performance.AllTrades.Count I get the following error:
"The name Performance does exisit in the current context."
So a couple of questions if I may:
1) How do I get rid of this error?
2) Is this the proper formula to get what I'm looking for:
3) The best I can tell the code completion (the drop down list after typing a ".") does not seem to work?
4) Is there no F1 help? I would assume I could click on the word Performance and hit F1 and go to some help that would explain everything Performance can do and how to use it.
5) Where is there some help explaining everything Performance can do.
6) Are there any special coding tips for indicators that are just going to be used in Market Analyer?
7) Is there some way to set up the indicator such that it only updates anytime a trade is completed instead of tick-by-tick (or bar-by-bar)?
Here is what I've got:
[Description("Realized PL / Total Trades")]
public class aaAvgTrade : Indicator
protected override void Initialize()
Add(new Plot(Color.Orange, PlotStyle.Line, "AvgTrade"));
CalculateOnBarClose = false;
Overlay = false;
PriceTypeSupported = false;
protected override void OnBarUpdate()
avgTrade = Performance.AllTrades.Count;
if (avgTrade != 0)
Performance.AllTrades.Performance.Currency.CumProf it / avgTrade;
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Moving average of Pivot points||nightowl||Charting||3||07-01-2008 02:19 PM|
|Time of Day Average Volume||ClayB1||Indicator Development||5||06-26-2007 07:00 AM|
|deleting spurious trade from sim trade list||Arbitrageur||Miscellaneous Support||2||09-12-2006 03:59 AM|
|IB Changing Average Cost Field||SellUmHi||Connecting||1||01-05-2006 02:32 AM|
|Average prices on super-dom?||cody||Miscellaneous Support||5||02-27-2005 08:00 AM|