Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Suggestions and Feedback > Suggestions And Feedback

Suggestions And Feedback New feature suggestions and feedback.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
disputin

Default NT Data Feed Database Client/Server

I want to use NT on more than one PC and I must use real time/historical tick data for my charts. As my data provider does not supply historical tick data I must run my PC all the time from Sunday evening until Friday evening to get the tick data. Unfortunaltely, I must do that for every PC on which NT is running. There should be a better solution:

Why can I not use NT on one PC as data feed database server and on all other PCs use NT as database clients which connect to the NT database server on the other PC by an intranet? So the PCs using NT as database clients receive historical and real time tick data only by the NT database server and need not to be online all the time. That would not only be power saving but one gets also data consistency between the different NT installations.

These is also one other way to reduce power consumption even more efficiently. Most people use a DSL router to connect to the internet. Some of these DSL routers are extensible. Why not put the data feed database server on such a DSL router? Then one needs not to run any computer all the time to get tick data feeds. NT would only need to connect to the router database server and download the collected tick data from the DSL router after one has booted the PC in the morning. And e. g. my DSL router is online all the time and it needs a minimum of power.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Kyle
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello disputin,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

I will, of course, forward your suggestion for the addition of such an option to my development team for further consideration.