Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Suggestions and Feedback > Suggestions And Feedback

Suggestions And Feedback New feature suggestions and feedback.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
JS999

Default This is REALLY annoying

By default a double click in a chart window brings up the properties of that chart. This is normally good, EXCEPT when a user is in the middle of a trade and is trying to move a stop around using the chart trader feature. At that point, the last thing in the world you want to do is bring up the properties of that chart while the market is moving and you're in the middle of a trade - yet that is exactly what happens a good number of times per day as I try to move my stops around rapidly in a fast market and accidentally end up clicking the chart background instead. Can you enable an option in the chart settings that allows me to turn the double click option on or off for bringing up the properties window? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Jason
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello JS999,

I will forward your suggestion to include an option to disable/enable the double click chart properties function to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
JS999

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
Hello JS999,

I will forward your suggestion to include an option to disable/enable the double click chart properties function to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
While we're at it, there's another thing that happens with regards to the clicking the chart background - sometimes it ends up grabbing the chart and dragging it back in time, essentially obscuring the current price action. What that means is that I have to then click the arrow that appears in the top-right corner to make the chart go back to normal.

Basically, what needs to be done is that all mouse actions that click on the chart background need to have an option to be disabled, since when you're trading at high frequency using the chart trader you can't always be 100% accurate in clicking on the stop price instead of the background of the chart.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
NinjaTrader_Jason
NinjaTrader Customer Service

I see, I will forward these comments as well.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Radical

I second this request, thank you for considering it.