Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Suggestions and Feedback > Suggestions And Feedback

Suggestions And Feedback New feature suggestions and feedback.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
shawnj

Default Bug with Adding a new Named ATM Strategy

version 6.5.1000.11

This is a little annoyance that I'm calling a bug that is actually kind of scary.

If you add a new named ATM Strategy via the Manage ATM Strategy Templates dialog, and you already have another chart open with an ATM Strategy applied to it, the other chart's ATM Strategy can change to another ATM Strategy. This is a little scary. Let my try to explain the senario with a little more detail.

Lets say I already have 3 ATM Strategies saved in my system named: "aaa", "ccc" and "eee".
I have 2 charts open. Chart1 has atm strategy "eee" applied to it. From Chart2, I create a new ATM Strategy and name it "bbb". Now Chart1's ATM Strategy will change from "eee" to "ccc" ! To me this is scary.

What I think is happening is the NT coders are using the ATM Strategy's drop down index to define what ATM Strategy is applied to a chart. This is perfectly understandable, I might have also done it that way. The problem is, if a new ATM Strategy is inserted into the list, a reindexing occurs. Assuming zero based indexing, in the above example Chart1 had index2 ("eee") applied to it. After the user adds a new ATM Strategy named "bbb", this sorts above "ccc" so upon inserting this new ATM Strategy into the list a reindexing occur and now index1 equates to "ccc" instead of "eee".

And to show the problem in a pseudo graphical form:

Before adding new ATM Strategy:

Index0 -> "aaa"
Index1 -> "ccc"
Index2 -> "eee" -> Chart1

After adding new ATM Strategy:

Index0 -> "aaa"
Index1 -> "bbb"
Index2 -> "ccc" -> Chart1
Index3 -> "eee"

Assuming the above assumption is correct, the NT coders need to check any time a user adds or removes a named ATM Strategy to see if any open charts are effected and adjust the charts accordingly.

thanks,
shawnj
Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Kyle
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello ShawnJ,

Thank you for reporting this.

I have forwarded the matter to my development team who are currently reviewing the case and working to reproduce the issue.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
NinjaTrader_Kyle
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello ShawnJ,

Our development team reports that this will be resolved with the release of NinjaTrader 7.

For more information about NinjaTrader 7 and to track it's development status, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html