Price Ruler, Candlestick spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Ruler, Candlestick spacing

I would like to have a price ruler - like esignal - display the price movement from the start of the drawn line to the end of the drawn line so that i dont have to work it out in my head. It is very useful.

Also, the abillity to change the candlestick spacing the would be nice.

Keep Up The Good Work
    Mat

Hi Mat:

Thanks for your feedback.

We will add your suggestion for a price ruler to our list of possible future enhancements to the NT application.

As per your Candlesticks, you may change the bar spacing and bar width by using your Alt + Up/Down arrows and CTRL + Up/Down arrows.

Instructions on changing this spacing can be found here:

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Suggested features on Line Ruler

Displayed info on a trend line could be very useful. In addition to the optional display parameters in the attached screen shot...perhaps consider adding boxes for the price at the beginning and / or end of the line. It would be useful if the display would update live as one changes either end of the line. The line should also count empty bar spaces, should they occur in the measured area of a chart.

On all other draw tools that use trend lines to set up...(such as the Fibonacci Time Extension and Andrews Pitchfork draw tools )...perhaps consider adding these display options on those trend lines as well. This would be good for desired cycles etc.

Thanks !
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alfred:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

NinjaTrader is continuously researching and developing new additions to our charting software. I will make sure development receives your suggestions.

Happy trading!
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trend line info + Multicharts

I've installed a demo of MultiCharts latest version, and they have a much better and faster way of measuring price+time rapidly than Metatrader in which I do my studying. (I would love to jump into ninjatrader once and for all, but it's really slow at studying)

In Metatrader you have to
          1. Click the middle button to enter Crosshair tool
          2. Click once
          3. drag to see the price+time measurements
          (4. Calculations box is not accessible programatically which is quite rigid)

The reaaaaaally annoying thing is that you have to keeeeeeeep the left mouse button pressed to see the calculations. And if you're not careful, you may unpress the mouse button and you lose everything.

Multicharts developed an better idea from tradestation:
          1. select trendline tool
          2. single click on chart
          3. then move around the trendline while calculations are visible near the mouse in a box
          4. when decided where to put the second point of the trendline, click the mouse again.

The most ingenious way that I'm aware of.
          Because you don't have to keeeeeeeeeep the left click pressed.
          I don't know if they permit access to calculations' box (and they don't have price/time value)

Ninjatrader should have this. You will attract users from everywhere if these little very useful features would be borrowed from Metatrader and Multicharts(which is tradestation in the end).

ps.
          anyway, great improvements since 6.5, congratulations

Comment

Hi mishhh,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not sure if our Ruler drawing object available in NInjaTrader 7 would fit your needs, but it is quite similar to what you describe. I've included an image of this drawing object with this post.

With this tool, you'd select the feature by clicking CTRL + F3, then set the begining and end point of the line using left mouse clicks. A final left mouse click would paste the label which includes time/price information. Once placed with these clicks, the object would remain.
            Attached Files
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm well aware of the Ruler. It's much more flexible since beta versions I've tested. (It had some annoying bugs)

But
              ...the ruler stays on. And you have to delete it if not useful anymore.
              Here's the Metatrader advantage, because you don't have to delete anything. You just measure and that's it.
              Plus, ruler takes 3 clicks at least. In metatrader you measure in one click.

But the ruler is really useful because you can keep some useful measurements.
              A combination of NT7 ruler + methods described above would be more than enough for every situation.

An idea crossed my mind now: maybe staying in draw mode + a hotkey for delete last drawn object would do the trick.
              Is there a function like this in NT7? Delete last drawn object?

---
              Besides, one question (i hope I'm not outside the right area of the forum with these questions):
              Is ruler's data box accessible programmatically? Can we add different calculations to it?

Comment

Hi mishhh,

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll forward your enhancement request on to development for further consideration.

Yes, the ruler and it's values are available programmatically. For more information, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tml?iruler.htm

Comment

You're welcomed Kyle,

NT7 forum is great...
                  ..even though development team can drop suggestions anytime

Comment

Measuring time in NT...

Measuring time with the ruler in NT 7 on charts where equidistant bar spacing is set to false is currently not accurate as no empty bar spaces are currently counted on equidistant false charts.

Looking at the tick charts where equidistant bar spacing is set to false (and I have looked carefully at this)...they do not show anything that cannot be seen in the equidistant false seconds charts in terms of information, chart patterns and pivot points etc. In fact the equidistant false seconds charts are currently more accurate (here is one example) as they will show single data points on a bar where they may occur.

I would suggest to Ninja that the tick charts set to equidistant bar spacing false be eliminated. (keep all equidistant true charts as they are currently done though) This would then allow the equidistant bar spacing set to false seconds charts to be set up in such a manner that empty bar spaces could be counted accurately (set these up using pixel size per bar...eliminating the absolute method of counting bars to estimate the horizontal scale of a chart)...the current use of the absolute value method of calculation on equidistant false charts where one may access thin overnight data for example...this can easily throw off the horizontal scaling of equidistant false charts when using absolute values to count bars there...

Setting up equidistant false charts using pixel space per bar would then solve the current problem of the odd horizontal scaling on charts set to equidistant false that so often appears....

In addition the current tick charts set to equidistant false do not currently work well graphically in fast market conditions...another reason to eliminate those...

My feeling is that measuring time accurately is really very very important...after all...time is one axis on all charts...& also the current horizontal scaling of equidistant false charts just does not work well....

Not being a programmer makes it easier to suggest things like the above....

Thanks...
                    Last edited by Alfred; 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Alfred,

I'll forward your suggestion on - thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                      115 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post kevinenergy  
                      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes