OpeneCry and Think or Swim data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpeneCry and Think or Swim data

OpeneCy and Think or Swim has one of the lowest commission rate and free real time data for futures. Is it possible to use their data for futures on Ninja? These data fees are huge if I want realtime CME, CBOT, NYBOT, ICE, NYMEX, CBOE, NYSE, and so on. These thing can add up more than $1000 amonth if I try to get them all from eSignal.
    Can you please add those two to list of data vendor?

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add it to the list of future considerations.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We support many other leading connectivity and brokerage technologies. On the brokerage side, none of them have data fees. Although we will include OEC and TOS as possible future enhancements, you can use alternate brokerage technologies now. Here is a list.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Data Fees.

That is not true every brokers charges data fees. They tell you they are just passing on what the exchange charges. For real time, CME charges $55, CBOT charges $55, Nymex charges $55, Comex charges $55, Eurex charges $21, KCBOT charges $20, MGE charges $15, NYBOT charges $55, Chicago One charges $1, AMEX $1, Nasdaq charges $16, NYSE charges $1, Opra charges $3, PBOT charges $1, and so on. These are for real time fees more exotic stuffs cost more. Also markets outside US cost a lot too. Only brokerage currently do not charge any data fees are Think or Swim and Open eCry.
        I am surprised that you did not know that. You ask all the brokers in your website, they tell you you are crazy if you think you don't need to pay data fees to exchange. Those listed except Interactive Brokers, they charge more than what I listed above. They add more on top of the fees.

If you care about traders, you should come up with solution to utilize OpeneCry and Think or Swim data. They do not even require minimum transaction to cover the fees.

Comment

With alll due respect, you are misinformed. All brokers do not charge exchange fees for data.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TOS adapter

Ray is right - all brokers do not charge directly - some provide limited real time data ie some MF Global accounts & TD Ameritrade - others build the data cost into their commission ie TOS, - others have very low commisions and some low data fees ie IB. Many do not charge if your account is over a certain size or your trade volume exceeds their threshold.

Any way ....

... what I did want to say is that TOS (thinkorswim) is a great broker with great trader tools and enhancements. Their volatility information and probability and position testing tools are real time. They broker/trade stocks options and futures. TOS auto trade. TOS are tech savy and have PDA support. Also in these difficult times the use of a completely independant and reputable custodian service ie Penson is a big plus for TOS. (Australia just had a boutique broker collapse and some clients may have lost out) Enough of the sales pitch.

So .......

Ray it would be great if NT was able to develop an adapter and connect to TOS!
            Last edited by Aussie2; 04-05-2008, 03:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Tos adapter

I would like to add to the TOS request as well. I like what TOS does but I also would like to have the option to use Ninja platform to place trades. TOS platform not so hot for placing trades (imo).

Thanks for listening.

Comment

please add TOS

Think or Swim data feed + trading please it would work wonder.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tusker-182 View Post
                  I would like to add to the TOS request as well. I like what TOS does but I also would like to have the option to use Ninja platform to place trades. TOS platform not so hot for placing trades (imo).

Thanks for listening.

I totally agree i would change to thinkorswim charting tomorrow ,they have great charts for free and data feed for free.

the only thing i don't like is the order placing.

if i could use thinkorswim as a broker and Ninja charts that would be perfect.

But i might change over anyway.

Comment

Latest on TOS is that they have been bought out by TD Ameritrade. Apparently the TOS java platform will remain. Perhaps this might make it easier to develop the NinjaTrader TOS adapter as NinjaTrader already have a good relationship with TD Ameritrade.

Comment

Open E Cry... please please please, pretty please.

They have a great API. Should be no more than a few hours of hacking for Dierk!

Comment

please add support to OEC...

Comment

One more for OpenEcry pleassssssssse!

These guys are great and having NinjaTrader with Opencry would be just AWESOME!!!

Comment

Indicator/ Strategy Search option

When trying to add Indicators or Strategies to a chart, one has to either know the name exactly, or at least what the initial charactor is. Please provide the ability to search the Indicators and Strategy names when trying to add them to the chart using partial or wildcards. This would help tremendously.

Thanks

Comment

Hi John.2000,

Thank you for your post, and I have forwarded this suggestion to development as a possible future enhancement to NinjaTrader.

Thank you for the suggestion.
                              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                              3 responses