Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Welcome to the NInjaTrader support forums.

You can actually do this with NinjaTrader 7. Simply set the same panel number in the indicator properties and set the plots you dont want to color of transparent.

-Brett

Comment

want to change 34 to 21 in bwAO indicator from Forum I imported.

i imported the indicator "bwAO" recently. I want to be able to go into NinjaScript and change the setting SMA(Median,34) to SMA(Median,21). How do I do that? I think it's somehow protected because I tried to simply copy the code into a new indicator screen and I was unable to change it that way. So how can I change it? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Comment

Hello

If this indicator is installed in your platform, you should be able to eit this by going to Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Indicator--> locate the bwAO indicator and select "Edit".

From there you can make the changes you wish to make. After making the changes, right click on the code and select "Compile".
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by mate41 View Post
          Hi sledge,
          can't get that drawregion thing working without errors, how did you exactly?
          Hi, I'm sorry I missed this post last week.

What version of NT are you using?

I'm on 7.1000.0.8 or whatever.

Where is your code?

Comment

Hi sledge,
            thanks for the reply,
            i use the latest version : 7.0.1000.9.

PS: sorry i forgot the code. Here it is..
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mate41; 03-26-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Not sure if you are still doing this or if you now charge, but I need a custom bar type created and am looking for a programmer. I have all the instructions on what should be done, I just don't know how to use Visual Studio apparently. It wouldn't be too difficult, just modifying an existing custom Renko bar type for something way way better.

Comment

Michael,
                I have an indicator that I use on other plaftorms that should be straightforward to create. I simply want the option to add several ticker symbols together and plot them as a single set of candlestick or OHLC bars. I would add up to eight of these symbols together and a way to weight them would be ideal. For example, quantity 1 VXGOG, 2 VIX, 1 VXAPL, etc.

What do you think?

Comment

ninja6.5 indicator to ninja7

hi,

can help me to convert my indicator from ninja6.5 to ninja7 as i import the script and it seems not working. thanks.

dominic
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dominict70 View Post
                    hi,

can help me to convert my indicator from ninja6.5 to ninja7 as i import the script and it seems not working. thanks.

dominic
                    Hey Dom

I just took a look at it.

I got it working by fixing this error:

>>Failed to call method 'Initialize' for indicator 'ERG_PL': 'TickSize' property can't be accessed from within 'Initialize' method

Changing line 329:

Code:
                                minBreach = _thresholdBreach * TickSize;
                    to: ???
                    Code:
                                minBreach = _thresholdBreach * .25;

From the help manual:

TickSize

Definition
                    The minimum fluctuation value; the value of 1 tick for the corresponding instrument.

NOTE: This property should NOT be accessed within the Initialize() method.

Property Value
                    A double value that represents the minimum fluctuation of an instrument.

Syntax
                    TickSize

Examples
                    // Prints the ticksize to the output window
                    Print("The ticksize of this instrument is " + TickSize.ToString());

// Prints the value of the current bar low less one tick size
                    double value = Low[0] - TickSize;
                    Print(value.ToString());

Comment

Thanks so much. The tick size is just comparing previous high by 7points means breach, less then that not breach.

Comment

Tick indicator

Hello,
                        I´m looking for some programmer who help me with my indicator. I need tick indicator what shows me how much ticks was on just time bar (for example on 1min, 5min, etc.). This indicator have to display it like histogram (not line)....in Tradestation is it indicator "$TICK"
                        Can some body help me with this?...thank you so much!
                        Tomas

Comment

I tried to import some indicators from the forum ( I've done it before successfully) but today after trying to import some into my computer, I got this message from inside the Control Center when I tried to import them: "Important NinjaScript Archive File (.zip) warning: You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a Ninja Script Archive File". I went into my computer and deleted any new files I had imported today from the forum and restarted my computer - I got the same message as before! So how do I correct this problem and WHY DID IT NOT TELL ME WHICH FILES HAD THE PROBLEM BEFORE I IMPORTED THEM???

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
                            From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                            Select an indicator and double click on it.
                            A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                            At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                            From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know what errors are listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Help with indicator

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen or is able to help me with an indicator. I am looking for a Keltner Channel based on an EMA. I want the area between the bands to change colors when the faster EMA (Center line) Crosses a slower EMA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cole

Comment

Pivot Zones?

Hopefully, this will be easy for an experienced programmer.

I am hoping to find an indicator that will produce a "zone" around pivot points.

In other words, I would like to use "ColorZones3", but instead of individually entering all of the pivots twice (Daily and Intraday) for all instruments that I trade, it would be REAL nice to have and indicator that does it for me.

I thought that I could just increase each line size from 1 to 200, but that doesn't work since the distance changes as I "zoom" in or out.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Maybe it's too easy, eh?
                                Last edited by Pipley; 05-02-2012, 04:14 PM. Reason: No Response

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                                31 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick