Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader Startup Issue - No Control Centre or Charts

Hello

This morning i turned on my computer and attempted to open Ninjatrader 7, it made the usual sounds like it had connected to the data feed however no charts or control centre were present.

If i then double click on the icon in the tool tray again (where the controll centre and charts usually appear) and i get the following error:

"There only can be one instance of Ninjatrader running at a time"
    Please see attached screen shot

I have tried shutting it down via Windows task manager and the same thing happens when i reopen NT7

Please help!

Ash
    Attached Files

I Just left my PC for 20 minutes or so and from the other room i heard the connection noise again and now all my charts and Control Center are back as usual...?

This is really odd!

Would still love some asistance as this is a pretty daunting occurance in the week i went live!

Comment

Hello,

You likley have your connection set to autoatmically connect on startup. With this feature enabled, NinjaTrader will not load until the connection has been established. If there is an interuption or delay in connecting, this could cause the control/center and workspace not to appear.

To prevent this from occurring, please disable connect on start up by reconfiguring your account connection under Tools--> Account Connections--> "Change"
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello

Thanks for your reply, i do remember when i set the feed up that i selected connect on startup however following the steps detailed in your reply i cannot find the location to change this?

It is not offered when i select change? Do i need to delete the profile and re-establish it?

Ash

Comment

Hello Ash,

No, you do not need to delete it. Please click on "Change" and from the connection Wizard, please press Next. The screen should look similar to below:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley it was doing all sorts of odd things so i tried to restart NT7 and now i am back where i started this morning with no Control Centre howver i am apparently connected to PGF data, i also have a live feed with Gain but this is not showing as connected.

Is there any way to get it to show the control centre so i can make changes?

I am definately connected to the internet and a data feed, it just won't start correctly.

Ash
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Can you please send me your configuration file so I can make these changes.
              • You will find the configuration file under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Config.xml

Please attach this Config XML document to an email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Matthew in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

Once I have this file, I can make these changes.

Comment

Awesome!

Up and running again!

Thanks Matt!

Comment

You are very welcome.

Comment

I got this problem, I connect to NT8, and it said it is connected, but I don't see it in my Task Manager, what wrong with it

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I'd like to review your log and trace files for this item, which should not be posted publicly on the forum. You can send me your log and trace files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked to include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum thread and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 04350200 ATTN: Drew
                      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                      31 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes