ThinkOrSwim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThinkOrSwim?

I'm pretty happy with ninja trader. It seems good for active, short-term traders (ie e-mini trading with average 2-5 minute holds).

I am with think or swim as my brokerage. Is there any way to be able to place orders using ninja trader?

If I wanted to use ninja trader to actually place orders, what broker do I need to move to?

Note, I am using IQFeed for my data.. But I really would like to place orders using think or swim.

Here is our list of supported data providers: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

Our supported brokerages are here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...ng_brokers.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We have just released beta support for TD Ameritrade as well.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I realize NT does not currently support trade execution or market data feeds via/from thinkorswim but are there any plans in the works to add this functionality? thinkorswim suites my commission tolerance and investment needs perfectly and NT seems to be perfect for my strategy execution.. would love for them to play nice together ..

Comment

Originally posted by vromeo View Post
          I realize NT does not currently support trade execution or market data feeds via/from thinkorswim but are there any plans in the works to add this functionality? thinkorswim suites my commission tolerance and investment needs perfectly and NT seems to be perfect for my strategy execution.. would love for them to play nice together ..
          Unfortunately nothing at the moment, if there is a partnership, you will find it on the NinjaTrader web site.
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
            Unfortunately nothing at the moment, if there is a partnership, you will find it on the NinjaTrader web site.
            This should no longer be an issue as TD Ameritrade now owns ThinkOrSwim. So in direct way, ThinkOrSwim is now part of the partnership.

TD Ameritrade to purchase thinkorswim for $606M

Comment

Hello,

We only support TD AMERITRADE though. If you can access another borker via the TD AMERITRADE login, then you may have access to it. Otherwise you will not.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Casting another vote for thinkorswim support. TD Ameritrade doesn't allow futures trading .... thanks

Comment

is possible in the near future to use thinkorswim as Market Data Provider

Comment

thinkorswim please!

Comment

Is there any way to get a ThinkOrSwim data feed into NinjaTrader ?

I have a ThinkOrSwim account, and would like to connect NinjaTrader to it, in order to get a DJI chart (I am using Zenfire for futures data, and Zenfire does not have DJI).

Believing that ThinkOrSwim uses TD Ameritrade, and knowing that NinjaTrader can connect to TD Ameritrade, I thought this can be done, and have just bought a NinjaTrader multi-broker upgrade for this purpose. Hope I have not wasted my money.

Is there any other convenient source of a DJI feed for NinjaTrader ?

Comment

Hi splat,

Unfortunately, there is no method by which one can connect NinjaTrader 6.5 or 7 to ThinkOrSwim currently. This is, however, on my development team's list of future considerations for the software.

With that said, DJI data would be available from any of the providers listed at the following link who offer index data: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TOS and Ninja

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                          Hi splat,

Unfortunately, there is no method by which one can connect NinjaTrader 6.5 or 7 to ThinkOrSwim currently. This is, however, on my development team's list of future considerations for the software.

With that said, DJI data would be available from any of the providers listed at the following link who offer index data: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

Do we have a rough schedule for TOS support?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Hello balancenv,

No - unfortunately, there is no ETA on support for TOS at this time.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Casting still another vote for TOS NT support - soon, please

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes