Any Updates from Mirus Futures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Updates from Mirus Futures?

I am currently with RCG/ Mirus and have not seen ANY solution regarding the Zenfire connection.

Last update was from 1/7/14 on using Continuum for Dorman customers.

I emailed my broker this morning and have not see any reply

Can anyone advise what solution is being implemented for Mirus/RCG?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am currently with RCG/ Mirus and have not seen ANY solution regarding the Zenfire connection.

Last update was from 1/7/14 on using Continuum for Dorman customers.

I emailed my broker this morning and have not see any reply

Can anyone advise what solution is being implemented for Mirus/RCG?
    I am exactly where you are as that's me too. The only option they've released so far is to leave RCG and go to Dorman.

So, I called RCG and talked to Brian Leonard. He's the retail guy for them. They are offering the same NT/Continuum/Kinetick plan that Mirus says you have to go to Dorman for.

They may also be doing some rebating like Mirus is with Dorman. You'll have to leave Mirus (fine with me at this point) and go directly with RCG for this.

Call Brian first before you just move somewhere else as it may be the easiest thing for you. I haven't decided what I'm doing yet but at least staying (essentially) at RCG is an option.

Devil you know, right?

Comment

That is correct, Continuum with Kinetick is what is being offered at this time. Your broker will be able to give you details on making this transition. You can contact sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for any assistance on this you may need also.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
        That is correct, Continuum with Kinetick is what is being offered at this time.
        Thanks Brandon.

I'm too with Mirus / RCG and am considering options.

Is there an easy way to find out what the Continuum with Kinetick solution entails and includes? What's the same as what I've got now and what would be different? Same instruments, same data, live ticks etc etc? Terms? Costs? Other differences?

Is there anything that would be different from the trader's point of view (obviously there are back end differences)?

Comment

Hello Instamess,

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.

Below I have provided a link to Kineticks website.

you can contact your broker or support[at]kinetick[dot]com for more information

Comment

Kinetick does not have ICE data so no TF trading available. This is just one big difference for me. Because for that, I'm leaving the Mirus solution and their whole debacle, looking at AMP, Optimus, or Zaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
              Is there anything that would be different from the trader's point of view (obviously there are back end differences)?
              Differences: you have to pay for your own datafeed (Kinetick), you can't trade anything on ICE (DX, TF, etc.), and commission costs are an extra $0.15 per contract I think. Eventually they will re-enable the Zen-Fire feed (BigTick), which is new code and untested in the real world, which you will have a choice of switching to sometime in the next couple of months, I suspect. It's either that, or go to another broker.

Comment

Thanks, Brandon. Useful links but your guarded and carefully worded post suggests there may be many differences that I can't know in advance. This opens up the possibility of unpleasant surprises awaiting me once I move over.

I do note from the first link that some things I currently get that Kinetick don't provide include
                - Historical Bid/Ask Minute Data
                - Historical Bid/Ask Daily Data

Then, some things that are provided currently for free are now subscription based
                - Basic Realtime data (Connectivity Provider Real-Time Data)
                - Historical Tick Data
                - Historical Minute Data

The basic subscription is $55 per month (no rebate anymore, that's been cancelled), but there are numerous options and I've no idea what options I would need to add to bump the package up to what we were getting with the ZenFire feed
                Last edited by Instamess; 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader_55 View Post
                  I suspect. It's either that, or go to another broker.
                  I've no problem with dropping Mirus, believe me. But then I'd have to drop RCG as well and I'm loathe to do that.

Comment

Hello Instamess,

Thanks for your reply.

I would have to refer you to your broker and Kinetick for additional information on what they can offer before making the change.

Comment

Can anybody else share any caveats or warnings on this subject?

Comment

Just got this and posted in the big thread since that's where all the day to day stuff has been going.

Comment

Any one stayed with RCG and trading yet?

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
                          I've no problem with dropping Mirus, believe me. But then I'd have to drop RCG as well and I'm loathe to do that.
                          I'm thinking ... staying with RCG too ... may be our best solution for now.
                          Brian Leonard told me they will match Mirus prices too.

I'll call him tomorrow and talk to him again...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                          Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                          95 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post xiinteractive