Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Operating system and NinjaTrader

Is Vista working with NinjaTrader?
    I would appreciate hearing from those that have had it running on Vista.
    How much Memory are you using and the Processor.

I'm purchasing Vista software in the weeks ahead to test with NinJaTrader.
    Keep on Hacking away and it will come to you.
    Have A Great Day!
    CMan

Vista is supported by NT.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I run vista

My PC is a Intel Duo Core 6400 at 2.13ghz with 4 gig of ram.

From my experience Ninjatrader is not that resource intensive. I hardly notice any pull on the cores or my system ram even with multiple charts.

Comment

Faith thank you for the information.

Appreciate I hope others will respond as well.
        C Man

Comment

I had an issue running NT on my HP Vista computer. Many times when I would go to start the program, there was zero response. I tried re-booting - did not help. I found that re-installing NT solved the problem. Once running it was fine, but many a time after using it just once, it would not start. The problem being limited (it would seem) to me and just too weird. I setup a different computer with XP. Which runs great 98% of the time. I do get a windows blue screen - the source of which has not been verified.

On my XP I am running 3 gigs of memory. Using Task Manager I see it just touch 800MB once in awhile....but memory is so cheap (what I use to pay per meg would buy a nice new car) it might be worth putting in ahead of needing it.

Comment

Thanks BIGRED

I would feel I may run into the same when I try a Vista.
            I have enough issues with XP 2 gig. Especially this morning again.
            Yep its the operator I feel LOL. Keeping a record of the things that happen. Especially switching from Zen to a Broker feed the next day.

I tried a Tower 6 months ago dual Core I believe it was around 5.2 with 4 Ram. I returned it especially it wouldn't alow me to do online banking. Major bank said to call the OS MFG we don't support it. Okay!

I didn't have NT then to test.

Well that Vista was to slow for me. It had one advantage it had a Media player. I hooked up my cable.I only use a Antenna 15 channels analog at the time.

Well crisp TV HDTV off computer. Well that started me buying HDTV now as we approach Feb 2009 shut off of analog. I seem to gain more HDev shows Roughly 22.
            Now with Hulu and I just found Adobe Media Player. I have plenty of free TV and movies.

I have to watch some LOL shows. Like Hell's Kitchen on Hulu last night or My name is Earl.

Thanks BIG RED Have a Great day,
            CMan

Comment

Ninja Trader Fails to Load - Vista

Originally posted by BIGRED View Post
              I had an issue running NT on my HP Vista computer. Many times when I would go to start the program, there was zero response. I tried re-booting - did not help. I found that re-installing NT solved the problem. Once running it was fine, but many a time after using it just once, it would not start. The problem being limited (it would seem) to me and just too weird. I setup a different computer with XP. Which runs great 98% of the time. I do get a windows blue screen - the source of which has not been verified.

On my XP I am running 3 gigs of memory. Using Task Manager I see it just touch 800MB once in awhile....but memory is so cheap (what I use to pay per meg would buy a nice new car) it might be worth putting in ahead of needing it.

I have this exact same problem. It is quite frustrating in the morning! Has anyone found a solution?

Comment

What exactly do you experience?

Comment

I have not put in further effort to try and get NT and VISTA to work... I am running XP professional.

Comment

Experience

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    What exactly do you experience?
                    When I attempt to open NT through a shortcut or directly it fails to load or open. The Vista timer briefly comes up then disappears. If I check the processes under task manager there is no instance of NT running, but it will briefly show up and the disappear right after I have attempted to open it. It usually takes many attempts for it to open and sometimes not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trest View Post
                      When I attempt to open NT through a shortcut or directly it fails to load or open. The Vista timer briefly comes up then disappears. If I check the processes under task manager there is no instance of NT running, but it will briefly show up and the disappear right after I have attempted to open it. It usually takes many attempts for it to open and sometimes not at all.

Exactly what I had experienced except in my case I was only able to get it to run a couple of times. It almost always would not.

Comment

Same thing

Yep, I get the same thing on my Vista machine too. Just started happening a few days ago too. Worked fine for awhile, then one day it wouldn't start right. Then after rebooting it worked ok, now it will not start at all, just get the hourglass to change for a moment. Going to try a reinstall next. Could be one of those great M$ updates... Hope someone finds the solution.

Comment

Vista

I too am having the same issue..
                          My Solution was to put NT in my startup folder and then reboot until it runs...
                          Usually never takes more than 3 reboots to get it to run..

GL & GT..

david

Comment

Same problem here. NT won't start easily. I have to reclick many times

Comment

oh man this sucks. My computer is old and slow so I just got a laptop with Vista. I hope I don't have any problems

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post The_Sec