64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit

If i install the 64 bit of ninja, and the custon indicaors were built on 32 bit ninja... will it work once i migrate to 64 bit?

Hello,

Custom Indicators will transfer without issue, however NinjaScript exported as an assemblies will not. Assemblies have to be exported for 64 bit to be imported with the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

ok.. so if i'm backing up my indicators using the backup tool, it won't work. but if i manually import the indicator zip files individually, it works? What about configuration files? Will that work if moving to 64 bit?

Comment

Hello,

Yes this should work to manually export the NinjaScript files and then import them to 64 bit. The backup tool will be unable to restore file from 32 bit that are assemblies.

The config file will also transfer, however certain connection technologies will not run in 64 bit mode currently. Such as the Zenfire Adapter can only run when NinjaTrader is started in 32 bit mode.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

What about TT feed? Also, is ninjatrader officially supported yet on windows 7?

Comment

Hello,

The TT adaptor in the current beta does not support 64 bit NinjaTrader.

Also, NinjaTrader does Officially support Windows 7.

Comment

would you recommend the 32 bit version then... will i have a significant advantage with the 64 bit..... Does all the charts run in the 64 bit in real time and take advantage of the 64 bit multi core environment? I heard that only the market replay truely takes advantage 64 bit? Is that true

Comment

Hello,

If your connection is 32 bit only you will only be able to use the 32 bit version. Adaptors will be upgraded for 64 bit as time allows and NinjaTrader 7 is released as a stable product.

32 bit applications can only use up to 3 gigs of RAM. 64 bit Applications can use more and is one of the main advantages to 64 bit processing is the ability to take advantage of more ram in the computer.

32 should run for most people just fine however for those that push NinjaTrader to the limits and have many monitors full of charts the 64 bit NinjaTrader will have its advantages in that case.

Comment

is it possible to have both installed on the same computer?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, when you have 64 bit PC both will install automatically. You will see two icons on your desktop. One for 64 bit and one that Just says NinjaTrader 7 for 32 bit.

Comment

Brett,

Can you please elaborate on what you said below? I have 4 monitors with about 20 charts. why would 64 bit help in this case?

thanks,
                      Peter

"32 should run for most people just fine however for those that push NinjaTrader to the limits and have many monitors full of charts the 64 bit NinjaTrader will have its advantages in that case."

Comment

Hello pkinoc,

Upon running NinjaTrader in 64 bit, it will be able to handle large amounts of accessed RAM more effectively compared to running it in 32 bit. Especially when performing complex backtesting or optimizations, you will notice that it takes less time in 64 bit.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So if I don't use back-testing or optimizations is there any advantage at all to use the 64 bit version? Any reason not to?

Thanks,
                          Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Backtesting & optimizations are only two examples that were mentioned. Depending on level of intensity in your use of the platform, you may feel the need to access additional memory resources. If you are still not sure if this would be of benefit then you will want to evaluate performance in both 32 & 64 bit environments to see if it make a difference in your specific trading/usage.
                            ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

why does the 64bit version reside in the "program files(x86)" dir when 64bit apps should run out of the regular "program files" dir on a 64bit os.. im running win 7 64bit..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ender_wiggum  
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mizzouman1