My connection option has disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My connection option has disappeared

My connection is not there anymore (continuum/ RCG). I go to File > Connect .... and it's not listed there anymore. It's not listed as one of the available connections for me to connect go.

How could it have disappeared (no, I didn't delete it, nobody else has had access to this machine etc)?

It's not greyed out or anything. It's simply not there. It's gone complete with the password set for it and everything. (Very annoying as I don't have the password written down anywhere so can't easily recreate the connection)
    Last edited by Instamess; 03-10-2014, 02:37 AM.

And when I try to start a new connection I don't even have the options I need. I have only six available providers and they're the likes of Yahoo, Google etc and not CQG/Continuum.

Comment

Hello Instamess,

Can you please re-enter your license key at Control Center-->Help-->License Key and check if you experience an error message.

If the license cannot be verified, it cannot load the authorized provider (Continuum) in NinjaTrader so it disappears and you cannot select it when creating a new connection.

There are three main reasons why this message appears.

- Your license is truly invalid.
      - The license key has been entered incorrectly. Please ensure that an incorrect character or space has not been entered at the end of your license key. Also, if the character "@" is present in the License Key we sent you, please include that as well, as it is part of the key.
      - The most common reason is that a firewall on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. To test this, please disable all firewalls and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

The firewall can't be the problem. How can a firewall get into the program and delete one of the connections?

Same with the other two suggestions. I can't see how they could have caused the problem.

Any other suggestions for HOW this connection got deleted?

(I don't like things like this happening behind my back. Especially not with a trading program. The last thing I need is to try and login one day when I have an open trade and discover that I don't even have my main connection option listed and have to wait for support.)

Comment

I restarted NT a couple of times (without ANY changes elsewhere - no licence key entering, no firewall tampering, no rebooting, nothing) .... and this connection option has come back by itself.

Scary.

Please..... how and why did it disappear in the first place?

Comment

The connection is not present because the license key cannot be verified. Because the license cannot be verified, it cannot load the authorized provider (Continuum) in NinjaTrader.

Firewalls do not delete connections in NinjaTrader - I never stated this. The firewall can block NinjaTrader to connect to its license server and therefor the authorized provider cannot be loaded.

If the issue remains, please send me an email that includes your license key. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, My connection option has disappeared' in the subject header.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SilverSurfer1, Today, 01:33 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SilverSurfer1  
            Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 10:27 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes