Collapse

Lmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would totally buy a license if you added support for LMax.

Comment

LMAX API is a MUST have if you want ninja to be considered as a forex friendly platform.
      I love NT but if there is no sign of it being implemented in any forseeable future I will probably move to some other platform (MC or MT4) that allows it.

I do not understand why this is not Top priority really.
      Not being able to have acces to the best execution/cost for forex is just so wrong

Comment

Thank you for feedback on this area everyone.

We have counted your posts in as a vote to have the exchange added. While I do not have any specific information, we do appreciate you taking the time to voice your vote for this exchange to be added.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Thank you for feedback on this area everyone.

We have counted your posts in as a vote to have the exchange added. While I do not have any specific information, we do appreciate you taking the time to voice your vote for this exchange to be added.
          Fingers crossed LMAX support gets into NT8

Comment

Is there any update on this?

It's been two years and still just the standard "I'll forward it to superiors" or "no update". It's really not good enough. I have ninjatrader lifetime, but it's a complete waste as I can't use it for the broker I've been trading with for the past year which is LMAX.

The PRIORITY must always be for traders to be able to use ninjatrader. All new features and additions, backtesting changes etc are SECONDARY to being able to use the software at all. Isn't that obvious?

So would I be correct in assuming that since it's been two years, ninjatrader have absolutely no intention of adding LMAX? I'd like an actual answer rather than that you'll pass it on or add to the vote. An answer so that I can know whether to wait or to go to Multicharts now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson View Post
              Is there any update on this?

It's been two years and still just the standard "I'll forward it to superiors" or "no update". It's really not good enough. I have ninjatrader lifetime, but it's a complete waste as I can't use it for the broker I've been trading with for the past year which is LMAX.

The PRIORITY must always be for traders to be able to use ninjatrader. All new features and additions, backtesting changes etc are SECONDARY to being able to use the software at all. Isn't that obvious?

So would I be correct in assuming that since it's been two years, ninjatrader have absolutely no intention of adding LMAX? I'd like an actual answer rather than that you'll pass it on or add to the vote. An answer so that I can know whether to wait or to go to Multicharts now.
              Hi Jackson,

Thank you for your candid post.

I am always evaluating new partnerships and making decisions that I feel has the most positive impact to all stakeholders in NinjaTrader. Adding brokerage and market data interfaces is a strategic decision for us that are influenced by user demand, existing partnerships, technical compatibility, development effort and lastly, the potential opportunity a new potential partner has compared to other opportunities we have on our radar. My team has engaged LMAX in conversation on several occasions (as recently as a few months ago) but unfortunately a partnership with them is not right for us at this time.

Ray - CEO
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                Hi Jackson,

Thank you for your candid post.

I am always evaluating new partnerships and making decisions that I feel has the most positive impact to all stakeholders in NinjaTrader. Adding brokerage and market data interfaces is a strategic decision for us that are influenced by user demand, existing partnerships, technical compatibility, development effort and lastly, the potential opportunity a new potential partner has compared to other opportunities we have on our radar. My team has engaged LMAX in conversation on several occasions (as recently as a few months ago) but unfortunately a partnership with them is not right for us at this time.

Ray - CEO
                Thanks for the update on this Ray.
                Can you clarify - does this mean no LMAX support in NT8 as well,
                or does this only apply to NT7?

Is the existing partnership with FXCM a barrier to forging partnerships with other
                FX brokers?
                I hope the FXCM partnership is not the obstacle, LMAX are far better in terms of
                spreads, slippage and spread widening etc.
                It would be a shame if that were the case as the new FX features in NT8
                deserve a wider choice of broker.

Are the barriers technical, or commercial?
                I ask as FXCM offer Ninja trader free providing the requirements are met:

Quite frankly, I would prefer to use Ninja any day of the week.
                Just as NT8 is about to expand in terms of FX, I feel this is a backwards step.
                FX traders, like any others, want the lowest trading costs as a priority.
                FXCM simply do not compete with LMAX on costs, let alone anything else.

I still hope this only applies to NT7 and not NT8.
                Not looking that way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                  Thanks for the update on this Ray.
                  Can you clarify - does this mean no LMAX support in NT8 as well,
                  or does this only apply to NT7?

Is the existing partnership with FXCM a barrier to forging partnerships with other
                  FX brokers?
                  Thanks for checking in, I am happy to clarify. As of the date of this post, we have not committed to develop to LMAX for any NT version. Any decision is always a business decision which takes into account any combination of the reasons I stated in my prior post. FX expansion is a critical path item for NinjaTrader's growth long term. We have not closed the door on LMAX, it's just not right for us as of today.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What a letdown

Guess I will have to look for another platform for FX trading. Most of the forex brokers available threw NT are average to bad.
                    It really is a shame that NT does not offer a single valid FX broker (at least by my standards).

So we can finally conclude : NT good for futures,still irrelevant for forex.

Makes me really sad because I love the platform.

Comment

LMAX connection

Like many people here I love NinjaTrader and I'm waiting for V8.
                      Currently LMAX is becoming one of the most efficient Forex and Indices provider.
                      LMAX is not a Market Maker so spreads are very very low when comparing with most of the brokers. 1 to 10 sometimes.
                      I have a LMAX account for Forex and I'm trading on their platform.
                      I emailed to LMAX about a future connection between NT and Lmax and they answered NT team must contact them if NT want a connecting bridge between NT and LMAX.
                      Can we hope Lmax in the next future ??

Comment

RL2013,

Thanks for the post unfortunately status of this has not changed since post in number 38. Let me know if further questions I could answer.

-Brett

Comment

Lmax connexion

Well I just visited a Forex exhibition in Paris France on last weekend. We were there many NinjaTrader customers and all of us told it was a shame that LMAX was not an official broker with Ninja because it's one of the most growing structure in the financial world and their spreads and commissions are very, very low when we compare with other brokers or market makers.
                          We sincerely hope you'll change your approach with that

Comment

Originally posted by RL2013 View Post
                            Well I just visited a Forex exhibition in Paris France on last weekend. We were there many NinjaTrader customers and all of us told it was a shame that LMAX was not an official broker with Ninja because it's one of the most growing structure in the financial world and their spreads and commissions are very, very low when we compare with other brokers or market makers.
                            We sincerely hope you'll change your approach with that
                            This is clearly not a technical issue ... it is about $$. It is no coincidence that the forex brokers who support direct connection to NT are the most expensive in the industry.

Comment

Lmax (one more time)

I sent a mail a few days ago to LMAX about connecting LMAX-NinjaTrader and they gave me the following answer

"NinjaTrader is mainly used for Commodities and Futures trading which is why there is only 2 FX brokers that can be used. A year or so ago, we discussed LMAX integration but as they only do 2 integrations per year, we were not high on their list of integrations. If the client would contact NinjaTrader and request LMAX Liquidity that would help perhaps move us up their list of integrations."

Where is the truth about ?

Comment

Hi RL2013:

Thank you for your request for an LMAX/NinjaTrader solution. Your vote for this integration has been added to our list of possible future broker additions to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

It is true that we NinjaTrader only adds about 2 new broker technologies per year at this time. Please feel free to address any additional broker technology requests and to follow up on the status of this solution to sales @ ninjatrader dot com and put to the attention of Business Development.
                                RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jon17
                                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM