Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw Region with two data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Region with two data series

Bollinger bands with draw region filled works fine with one data series, but if I add a second data series, the plots shift but the draw region filled zone does not shift. Is there a way to correct this or is it just a limitation of draw region?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ThatManFromTexas View Post
    Bollinger bands with draw region filled works fine with one data series, but if I add a second data series, the plots shift but the draw region filled zone does not shift. Is there a way to correct this or is it just a limitation of draw region?
    Maybe a result of the loss of equidistant spacing?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Maybe a result of the loss of equidistant spacing?
      Thanks for your reply.

That causes the plots to shift.

My question is .... is there a way to have the DrawRegion filled zone shift with the plots.

Comment

Is NinjaTrader Support on Holiday?

Does NinjaTrader support still answer posts on this forum?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

That causes the plots to shift.

My question is .... is there a way to have the DrawRegion filled zone shift with the plots.
          You would need to update this drawing object to have new values. Each drawing object has a "tag" that identifies it, and is used to reference that object.

DrawRegion(string tag, DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime, IDataSeries series1, IDataSeries series2, Color outlineColor, Color areaColor, int areaOpacity)

If the string "tag" is the same, calling this method can be used to overwrite an existing drawn object with a new one.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is Graphics.FillPolygon supported in NinjaTrader?

Comment

TM,

We would not be able to provide support for this method, but you are free to use it if you feel this may help solve your problem.

We can only support that in which we have documented in our help guide. Here is a complete listing:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

ThatManFromTexas, do you draw those regions based on indicator plots or custom data series objects?
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  ThatManFromTexas, do you draw those regions based on indicator plots or custom data series objects?
                  I originally plotted the bollinger bands and used DrawRegion to color the zones between the bands.That worked fine except it wouldn't show up when I used custom graphics in the background.

I rewrote it plotting the bollinger bands and replaced the DrawRegion with FillPolygon to color the zones between the bands. That solved the problem with the graphics conflict and worked correctly with one data series, but not with two data series.

So I can get 2 out of 3 things I want on one chart with more than one data series and 3 out 3 if I only use 1 data series.

I don't normally use two data series so my standard chart looks like the attached images. It adjusts the background and shading colors according to the trend.

Thanks for your support!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I must say the background on your charts is quite stunning, well done and can't say I have ever seen that done before.

Unfortunately any custom drawing method is unsupported as you're aware. If I had a hint for you here I would supply it but without getting deep into it I would not have a worthwhile suggestion for you here.

Am I correct these 3 screenshots are all working correctly? Perhaps if you supplied a screenshot of the problem scenario I might be able to give you something to work on or define in these screenshots where the exact problem is.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                      Hello,

I must say the background on your charts is quite stunning, well done and can't say I have ever seen that done before.

Unfortunately any custom drawing method is unsupported as you're aware. If I had a hint for you here I would supply it but without getting deep into it I would not have a worthwhile suggestion for you here.

Am I correct these 3 screenshots are all working correctly? Perhaps if you supplied a screenshot of the problem scenario I might be able to give you something to work on or define in these screenshots where the exact problem is.

-Brett
                      As long as I only use 1 data series, everything works correctly. When the trend changes the background and the shading change in sync with the trend.

When I add a second data series the plots shift due to Equidistant = False, but the shading from FillPolygon does not shift.

If I use DrawRegion instead of FillPoly , the shading will shift with the plots, but won't show up with the graphical background.

Unless you have a suggestion , I will stick with just one data series.

Thanks for your efforts.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Only idea I might have is to revisit this setup:

If I use DrawRegion instead of FillPoly , the shading will shift with the plots, but won't show up with the graphical background.

Specifically is it not displaying due to z axis? Perhaps move the background to paint before the DrawRegion does?

-Brett

Comment

Hello,

Specifically is it not displaying due to z axis? Perhaps move the background to paint before the DrawRegion does?

-Brett
                          I'm not familiar with Z axis.

Comment

That is the 3rd dimension for 3d.

Such as a desk with a pile of papers on it, you cant see the papers that are below other papers due to z axis.

Thus you either program to put the last piece of paper you ant displayed last on the desk or specify the z axis manually which we don't support. If you I believe you you change the background to be drawn first before the DrawRegion it could work.

-Brett

Comment

I have had the same problem. I use DrawRegion() a lot because it always stays behind the bars, whereas other draw methods draw on top of the line.

(1) Example: Pivot indicator with pivot range. ZOrder affects all plots of the indicator including DrawRectangle(), but DrawRectangle() always plots on top of the pivot lines and hides them. If I use DrawRegion() instead it politely plots behind.

(2) If I use an image file for the background of the plot, I have the same problem as ThatManFromTexas, that is the background plot hides all regions drawn, because DrawRegion() will plot behind the background plot.

(3) If I have two indicators on a chart that use DrawRegion() the region will be plotted behind the image drawn by the third indicator. ZOrder is completely ignored, as DrawRegion() always plots behind.

There should be a way to tell NinjaTrader, in which order the layers shall be plotted. ZOrder simply does not work for DrawRegion().

Hello,

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by carnitron, 04-27-2024, 08:42 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron  
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, 04-25-2024, 03:58 PM
                              13 responses
                              0 likes