Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Horizontal Line Price with alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Line Price with alarm

Ok Boys and Girls,

I really can't believe that NT doesn't have this available yet - so for what its worth, here is an indicator that will display a price on a horizontal line or ray. I put it together with duct tape and bailing wire and a bunch of snippets from this forum.

To set the alarm, go to the properties of the indicator and make sure that AlertsOnLines is set to true. If you want an email sent, fill in your email and set SendEmail to true. Make sure that the email notification is set up in Control Center..

To set the alarm on a line you add "-a" to the tag. The tag is in the properties (right mouse click on the line) on the data tab. The Tag is an auto generated ID for each item on the charts. So it might look like this: 3-a.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Hi trade.ripper,

Thanks for the post!

Similarly, please see the indicator posted here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=1&linkid=314
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yep I saw that! But its not really what I was after. I like to be able to throw lines on my charts and know what price level they are at. I usually have several levels that I am watching.

Any idea of when NT will have alerts & data display available on ALL drawing objects?

Comment

Hi trade.ripper,

I will forward your suggestion on to our development team.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I've set the parameters as you've stated, but it does not work. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Originally posted by trade.ripper View Post
          Ok Boys and Girls,

I really can't believe that NT doesn't have this available yet - so for what its worth, here is an indicator that will display a price on a horizontal line or ray. I put it together with duct tape and bailing wire and a bunch of snippets from this forum.

To set the alarm, go to the properties of the indicator and make sure that AlertsOnLines is set to true. If you want an email sent, fill in your email and set SendEmail to true. Make sure that the email notification is set up in Control Center..

To set the alarm on a line you add "-a" to the tag. The tag is in the properties (right mouse click on the line) on the data tab. The Tag is an auto generated ID for each item on the charts. So it might look like this: 3-a.

Cheers!

Comment

Can you be a bit more specific? What doesn't work? Can you see a price on a horizontal line?

Comment

well, i set it to "true" and altered the tag to -a, but no sound was forthcomming when a line was crossed?? Not sure what i did wrong? any ideas? thx

Comment

Ok here is an updated version. It should find the sound files in the installation directory. You can also set the name of the alarm that you want to use.

Let me know if you have any issues...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trade.ripper View Post
                  Ok here is an updated version. It should find the sound files in the installation directory. You can also set the name of the alarm that you want to use.

Let me know if you have any issues...
                  import failed. duplicate method names.missing required file

...any updates? or screenshots?

Comment

Try this one
                    Last edited by stocktraderbmp; 04-02-2014, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Horizontal line alert indicator

Failed to import. corrupt file

Comment

Hi Trade Ripper,

I tried to import the indicator, firstly it tells me I have an indicator or a content of the indicator with the same name. yes I do, I renamed the folder indicator but now it tells me that the file is corrupt and cannot be imported. can you please help

Comment

Hello all,

Unfortunately, my "fix" to this indicator to import into NinjaTrader 7 has broke the logic. We do not provide programming or debugging services. If you are interested in what has changed from NinjaTrader 6.5 to NinjaTrader 7 you can view this information at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...er_11_2010.pdf
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-04-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Hi Patrick, downloaded and imported successfully.

Many thanks

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for the indicator.

I tried to use it in my script strategy as a target with

if (Close[0] > HorizontalLinePrice(true, "Alert2.wav", "[email protected]", [Font: Name=Arial, Size=12, Units=3, GdiCharSet=1, GdiVerticalFont=False], true, true)[0])

then exitlong

but there appear a lot of error messages when compiling like "; expected" or "statement expected"

Why? Can´t one use this in the script? (I was looking a long time for an indicator/horizontal line to be attached to all charts of an instrument and that I can use this line in the script-strategy)

In the meantime I found out that it doesn´t make an alert (on my computer, and this will be an issue on my end). In the description/Label appears "...To set an Alert, add '-a' to the tag". What does this mean please? Where to put an "-a" please?

Thank you
                              Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                              Hello 3pierre9,

Attached is an updated version of the indicator.
                              Last edited by tonynt; 07-29-2014, 02:33 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RaygunWizzle, Today, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid  
                              Started by Ashkam, Today, 09:28 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ashkam